ATT - AT&T AND ASURION INSURANCE SCAM

1520 of 2580 Att Reviews
Jan 12, 2012
review #288620

AT&T and ASURION INSURANCRE ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY.YOU PAY MONTHlY BUT THEN YOU FILE A CLAIM AND THE DEDUCTIBLE IS 4X THE COST OF THE PHONE PLUS THE PREMIUMS YOU PAY.

THIS IS CRIMINAL AND I WOULD LOVE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT LET THESE CORPORATIONS ROB US ANY MORE. LET'S JOIN FORCES AND SUE THEM. I TRIED TO FILE A CLAIM ABOUT A STOLEN I PHONE.

THEY ASKED ME MY HEIGHT....WHAT COUNTIES I'VE LIVED IN...AND THEN TOLD ME ATT DOES NOT SHIP TO MY MAILING ADDRESS. THEY ALSO SAID I NEEDED PROOF OF OWNERSHIP OF MY PHONE WHICH IS ON MY ATT BILL THAT I USE EVERY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY MAKE YOU JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO GET YOUR PHONE. WHAT A SCAM....WE REALLY NEED AN ATTORNEY TO FILE A CLASS ACTION.

THIS IS SO WRONG. WE NEED TO STOP THESE CROOKS FROM ROBBING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

NOT TO MENTION AT&t PADS YOUR BILL EVERY MONTH AND IF YOU DON'T CHECK YOUR BILL YOU ARE BEING ROBBED!!!!!!!!!WE NEED TO STOP THEM FROM THIS THEFT OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

a8fba65
Had an experience with ATT?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
1520 of 2580 Att Reviews
GoodByATT

Jan 04 Denver, Colorado

Asurion is going to bring the cell phone industry to its knees and the first cell phone provider to do their own warranty will get everyone's business. After just getting off the phone with them they treat you worse than any Government agency.

ATT chose Asurion and tell them what the deductible will be.

Sep 23, 2013

"Peter" must be the company rep that is paid to post as a "customer" that is being treat so well in all the blogs. I was sold the insurance by a ever so helpful ATT rep and was assured that if I had any problems I just called a number and a new phone would be on the way. After three years of paying the monthly insurance dues I finally had a bad charging port on a LG Nitro. I made a call and went through the process of dealing with the low lever script readers and then through the next three levels of deniers before being told that someone would have to call me back. Same story from each, 199 deductible and sorry the ATT rep misrepresented the policy but there would be a 199 deductible. What a joke! I asked for a copy of my contract where I agreed to a these terms and was told my payment each month was as my signature!! Seriously? They charge me and call that an agreement. The top guy that I talked to tried to tell me they had sent me the updated terms back in 2011 but the address he provided I had not lived at and it was never forwarded. bottom line SCAM!!! Save your money and just put the 7 bucks a month in a jar you will come out way ahead.
Just an FYI I'm not just a average consumer, I owned and ran a very successful satellite communications company for 10 years and this is just wrong on so many levels. It would be interesting to know if the insurance company is owned by ATT and what if any the sales people get for pushing this SCAM.

NWA2Tulsa

Aug 25, 2012

I agree; Assurion's practices are best described as shady. AT&T is at fault for this insurance scam. AT&t charges $6.95/mo for insurance on an iPhone, with a $199 deductible. If a claim is filed, Assurion would just send a refurbished (used) device. Check the complaints on the web. Report after report of problems with the process and the phones. One would not expect a reputable company like AT&T to maintain a business relationship with a unreputable company like Assurion.

Peter

Jun 25, 2012

That fact that you're typing in all caps seems to denote that your indignance is clouding your judgement. The insurance on your phone ($6.99 a month) is to insure that you are able to do something about replacing your phone if something happens to it. If something breaks, your warranty does not cover physical damage, and you will be forced to use an upgrade on one of your available lines (if you even are eligible in the first place- and even then you need to sign a new contract). The insurance must have a monthly cost associated so that AT&T can stay in business, and the deductible you pay ($50, $125, or $199 depending on your device) is just like the deductible for any other type of insurance. It's a small price to pay for taking care of a damaged device. The deductible is not 4x the cost of the phone. It's closer in reality to the 2yr commitment price, and you don't even have to sign a new 2yr commitment. I don't know what kind of angry little fantasy world you live in.

Latrina

Jun 09, 2012

Occurred the same dam problem

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about ATT.
Filing a new complaint about
×