Update by user Dec 26, 2013

(Updated for formatting)

This is by far the most disastrous customer service I've experienced.

My senior citizen parents who have been AT&T customers since '94. Dad decided to upgrade to an AT&T U-Verse package that somehow involved transferring the landline to their department. After the installation, my father wanted to add additional channels. Their service rep said that he is unable to act on our service, because the order is currently in "Incomplete" state and he is unable to Complete it. His solution? He DELETED our order, which spawned a whole slew of new trouble.

Both the landline of 20 years and TV service were cut on the evening of CHRISTMAS EVE and were never restored. Each time we connected to a Rep, they would dispute and claim that we're not supposed have TV or Landline (No *** _YOU_ DELETED them!) and we have to go through 20 minutes of explaining the situation before escalation. For cases where the rep claimed we'll receive a call from their supervisor or manager, no such call ever came.

Hey, they must figure, if our record is gone, they wouldn't be accountable, right?

Finally, I got a rep who was able to find the problem. Apparently the TV package was contingent/bound to the landline number, but that was cut because the landline was deactivated. She asked, "what's the new number you would like?" Apparently, it is not possible to restore our number which THEY cut off only TWO days ago, even though no new user claimed it.

I explained to her supervisor that it is unacceptable to have our 20 year old landlines to be cut off just like that on an AT&T mistake and that they need to rectify it. I was told, and I quote, "It is not about whether you accept it or not. This is how it is."

Incompetent representatives, ineffective system tools and poor note-taking, and unwillingness to admit and take responsibility for their people and system issues. This is by far the worst corporation and does not deserve any future business with me or any one, and does not deserve to exist.

Original review posted by user Dec 26, 2013

This is by far the most disastrous customer service I've experienced.

DELETED our order, which spawned a whole slew of new trouble.

such call ever came.

even though no new user claimed it.

whether you accept it or not. This is how it is."

deserve any future business with me or any one, and does not deserve to exist.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Tv Package.

• U-Verse