Saint Louis, Missouri
1.5K views
1.2

I deal with a chatty *** and eventually renew my contract at a 15% increase, then I go out of town for a week. I come back and find my TV/Uverse no longer working.

The TV screen says, "Account Unavailable. This Set top box does not match the account settings." I placed three painful calls and spoke to three techs who could not resolve the issue remotely. Neither had access to notes left from the previous tech. Each time they disconnected the call before our one hour+ calls were satisfactorily completed.

They finally agree to send me a new TV box -- next week -- but no credit for my time, trouble, lost service. AT&T has become an AWFUL company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Tv Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

ATT Cons: Awful customer service by phone.

• Att Quality

Comments

Account Unavailable. This Set top box does not match the account settings."

This is a system error, automatically generated.

It means that G2 (our tool to match RG's/Set Top Boxes to the account) doesn't match. Usually a pretty simple issue to resolve, we clear the box from G2 while it's unplugged, re-add it through another system, once it says pending you plug it in, it re-syncs and issue resolved. They should not be sending a new box to resolve it.

But let's face it, customer service is a hard job.

A lot of people take short cuts, can't deal with the screaming customers complaining about their issues. Honestly, when you call in just be nice.

And if it's offshore, just ask for an onshore agent. It's easy folks.

ATT Reviews