Long Beach, California

I just wanted to write about my extreme frustration and personal embarrassment at the hands of one of AT&T's retail assistant store managers.

At the 381 Madison ave, New York, NY location, I wanted to trade in a single smart phone as part of a $100 trade in promotion. Keonda Clark immediate came over to "assist" me by telling me that I could not trade it in if I wasn't using it towards a device upgrade or new purchase (and only if I was an AT&T customer). As I wanted to use the card for accessories, I complained. Keonda held her ground, so I called customer service to verify the T&C of the promotion. Turns out the customer service rep I spoke to confirmed what Keonda had told me.

And that's where the trouble began. After hearing me talk to the customer service rep, Keonda let out a loud "Hmph!", and then started laughing at me. When I became angry at her reaction, she only laughed more and then started joking with the employees behind the counter at my expense. I immediately demanded to speak to someone higher than Keonda, which did not seem to phase her one bit as she continued with her jokes. I voiced my complaints to the Retail Store Manager, Regina, who was very apologetic, but ineffective at dealing with Keonda's attitude. I then left the store furious.

If all of AT&T's managers are trained to behave like Keonda Clark, I fear for the future of AT&T's retail business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Manager.

Comments

Peter

Far be it for me to question the authenticity of your statement, but the second part of your complaint sounds completely different from the first part and a little bit contrived. If it true though then that's definitely a mean thing to do. She should have at least waited until you had gone to make fun of the situation at your expense.

ATT Reviews