My family has been an AT&T client for over 3 years now. When we signed up, me and my wife got iPhone 3GS, while my 10-year old got a Samsung phone without a data plan. After 2 years, the phones were all paid for and AT&T unlocked our iPhones. Recently I upgraded to iPhone 5, and gave my old iPhone 3GS to my 13-year old daughter. Needless to say she was very happy with it as she could now take pictures, listen to music, and browse the web on our home Wi-Fi connection.
A few days ago we called AT&T to ask why my daughter cannot get or send any pictures via text messaging. We have an "unlimited family messaging plan" so this should work (it never worked with her old Samsung phone either). The rep asked what phone she was using, and we told him it was my old 3GS phone. Well he did not fix the messaging problem. Later that day, we got a message from AT&T saying that they have added a data plan to the 3GS phone!
I called to tell them that we do not want a data plan on the 3GS phone (our bill is already $280 per month). I was shocked to hear from the rep and then a supervisor (Brant Employee ID BR874S) that since my daughter is now using an iPhone, then she must pay a data plan! Now I understand AT&T forcing clients to get a data plan when they get a subsidize smart phone for a discount and thus wants to make up the cost, but in this case we already paid for the 3GS for 3 years and it was MY PHONE and I do NOT want any data plan on it. Brant refused to help and said that they will FORCE me to pay for a data plan unless my daughter goes back to the beat up 3-year old Samsung!!!!!
Really AT&T? Do you need to nickle and dime 13-year old kids who want to use their parents old handy-me-down phone? Isn't the $280 per month you are charging our family each month enough? Why do you want to take away the old iPhone from my 13-year old kid???
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iphone 3Gs
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " To Mr. Randall Stephenson CEO of AT&T : I am writing to you this email with an issue. I do not like what AT&T is doing. I have been an AT&T subscriber..."
- "Will take 2-6 months to port phone number - I have been trying to port my number since april 2014 and today, october 8th, 2014 still not ported... I had a..."
- "Been with AT&T over 15 years and in the last 2.5 years it's been ***. It started out to be a simple phone upgrade! Not only did they do the..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "In May of 2010 DR Horton poured the driveway to my brand new house. Whomever they contracted to pour it, covered the cap to my sewer clean out and instead..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "LG High Efficiency Washer Orig cost $1099 – I got at discount then - LG wants to pay me $400 and take my washer because they dismantled and trashed my..."