Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I just wasted five hours of my Saturday thanks to AT&T Uverse. We have been Uverse subscribers for just over three years now. Yesterday, my internet connection slowed to a crawl. When I called AT&T, they set up a service call for the window of 4-8 PM today (Saturday). After sitting for 3 1/2 hours, I got a call from their dispatcher that the technician was still coming, but was running late. They asked if I could wait or wanted to reschedule. I waited another hour and 40 min before losing patience and calling AT&T back. After making me wait on hold for ten minutes, I was told the AT&T "had missed the appointment" because "it got too late for the technician to come out".

Nobody called, apparently AT&T doesn't believe that my time is valuable. There are five hours of my life I'll never get back, and this disrupted my family's evening as well. Now I have ANOTHER "appointment" for tomorrow morning. If these *** don't show up early in the four-hour window, my next call wil be to Time Warner, Dish Network, Direct TV, or any of the other many competitors I can switch to.

AT&T has a great product in Uverse, yet they're still pulling the same B.S. customer service bad-behaviors they had back when "Ma Bell" was a monopoly. In the mean time, it took my browser several minutes to open this website so I could post this, as my "broadband" internet connection slowly pulled the website up.

As consumers, we have a choice - and I have started seriously considering other options. I would seriously advise any of you reading this to really think about how important customer service is to you when choosing your cable/internet/phone provider.

Comments

I know what you mean. I spent so much time on the phone with the billing department, I asked to be reimbursed for the minutes on the cellphone.

ATT gave me an additional 1000 minutes. I cancelled my account with ATT after being with them for 5 years. I'll never go back.

The time I spent on hold, being bounced from person to person, and at the end of the day, the last person I talked with told me the problem was resolved, only to have the same problem the following month. I'm glad I cancelled ATT.

ATT Reviews