Chicago, Illinois

Starting November 2008 I started receiving USBI charges on my AT&T bill.

After investigation I found that USBI is third party billing company for New Century Telecom.

After calling New Century Telecom they "agreed" to credit my account for services I did not request and never used after I talked to "manager" who can speak English.

I have to say here that I do not have long distance and have very basic phone services with AT&T just to have DSL service with them.

After call in December last year AT&T sent me paperwork and they said they blocked my account from any other company access without my permission.

UNFORTUNATELY IT WAS NOT TRUE!

SINCE LAST YEAR I HAVE TO CALL AT&T AND THEY ADJUST MY BILL AFTER I RECEIVE DISCONNECTION NOTICE FROM THEM ON THE MONTHLY BASIS!

Every time I have AT&T Representative ASSURED ME THAT THIS IS LAST TIME I MAKE about this issue.

In July I had Chris from Chicago calling center and he was very kind and went with me through all steps I do each time. I asked him to record this conversation and recorded it as well. (For AT&T - if you need this recording I can provide it).

He AGREED with me that this is FRAUD and he said that HE WOULD BLOCK (again!!!!!!!) any third party companies to hook up to my AT&T account. He also said that he would remove all charges from New Century Telecom.

ONE MONTH LATER……

I call AT&T yesterday(8/21/2009) after receiving RED disconnection notice and bill for $652.88 on which only $45 is AT&T portion.

At this time I spoke with Carina from Arizona AT&T customer center.

She said I have to call New Company Telecom……

I ask to put her manager on the phone, she said her manager name is Jean and will call me in 20 minutes – which NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope someone from AT&T upper management read this!

Maybe after that AT&T stop asking this *** question:

AS THE AT&T CUSOMER, ARE YOU VERY SATISFIED….?

As an AT&T customer I'm VERY UNSATISFIED, UNHAPPY AND ANGRY CUSTOMER!

Maybe someone form ATA&T answer my question –

HOW AT&T protects customer's accounts from FRAUD and SCAM?

And maybe someone from AT&T finally calls my number and say :

= hey mister, your problem is resolved – you do not have to call us every month!

And

AS THE AT&T CUSOMER, ARE YOU VERY SATISFIED….?

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Service.

Comments

Im Verónica from Texas and I've beed dealing with this same issue for about 6months now. I've called USBI which said they are a third party billing company, but that they would place a cancellation request.

I spoke directly to NewCentury Telecom. I spoke with Sophia there who assured me that the account was now cancelled. I had previously spoken with Michael Martinez also from New Century Telecom back in April 2014 who said I would receive credit and that account was for sure cancelled, since I had already cancelled it the previous month.( Total of 3 times cancelled now and I'm still being billed )This is just a nightmare. Don't know who else to turn to.

I have no idea how New Century Telecom ended up billing me for over 1yr for services that I did not add, use or need. Anyone else having this problem, or had this problem and how they delt with it?

I just got charged 1,400 from them. Of course you can't call ATT 24 hours a day to get help so I'm sitting up all night waiting to find out if someone will fix this.

I pay for unlimited LD from ATT for 3 lines. I wish I had other options.

I am so tired of fighting with ATT. I'm just sick over this bill and I wish I would have opened it during their "normal business hours".

It's Mar 2011 and they are still at it. I got charged myself this month!!

:grin :grin :grin :grin