My contract was up at AT&T and I called to negotiate a new plan as well as order new phones. I like to call when contracts are up because they can give you deals to keep you as a customer. After much discussion and checking with his supervisors, I was told my new plan would cover unlimited talk and text as well as share 10GB of data with my wife's phone for $109. (per month before taxes, etc). Previously I was paying about $90 but had severely limited data, text and calls. I got no email confirmation of this but the next day I saw my plan on my AT&T web page exactly as we discussed.

I got a bill for $300 the other day and went online to check this and although some of these charges were for overages on my previous plan, I discovered my ‘new’ plan increased by about $50! I called AT&T and got no satisfaction even after asking to speak to the next higher up. I spoke with Whitney in Kentucky and someone else). They basically apologized and figured the person forgot to include the ’Mobile Share Value iPhone w/ Visual Voicemail’ a $40 charge for each phone. Then they only offered me standard plans. They would not allow me to go back to my original plan since ‘I had entered into a new (albeit bogus ) contract.’ I had already ordered and paid for the new iPhones (both have been backordered) and I could not cancel this order without a lengthy process.

So, I was screwed. They offered me a plan for $150 with unlimited talk and text and 4GB of shared data which I eventually was forced to accept.

I don’t know if there is anything to be done since I cannot prove the deal which was offered. There was no email but again-it did appear on the web site the next day! I asked the people I spoke with today to look up the order for the plan I negotiated on Sept 30 to someone in Ohio but they said they could not do this because of some corporate mumbo-jumbo. I am so done with At&T. Unfortunately I am stuck with them for another 2 years unless I can resolve this somehow.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Plan.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

ATT Cons: Plan increase without notice.

Comments

Eoghan

File a complaint with the CPUC you can do this online it is faster that way.

The Departament of Justice & The Consumer Affairs.

Also find out how many other people have posted that have the same problem.

Do yourself a favor get rid of AT&T.

ATT Reviews