Washington, District Of Columbia

In January my internet and home phone went dead>>AT&T came out to repair>>placing a temporary

line arose driveway and lawn. 4-5 wks later they came out to bury the line and in so doing broke my

irrigation lines in 2 places and damaged the wiring to a valve and separate solenoid. A water leak developed and Gwinnett Cty water was called to repair>> they dug up my front yard and informed me to

call a plumber to assess. They came out and charged me $300 to inform me it was my sprinkler system>>

the Huron sprinkler co came out and replaced solenoid and some damaged pipe. System checked out>then the next week failed again>>another service call was needed>>to repair damage wiring and pipe>>actually have a photo of phone line traversing a break in my sprinkler PVC. I have called AT&T 4 times now last call was on hold for 40 min and discussing my problem with 3 different departments>>was then cut off as I was to be transferred to "escalate" my complaint!! My bill for internet, home phone and cell service is over $400 per month>>I would expect to recoup the over $600 I have had to pay to repair

the careless repair job by the AT&T workers. So far I have experienced nothing but customer NO-SERVICE!! Help me please .

Michael C Scott Atlanta, GA

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Service.

Comments

Their contractors just put in fiber optic lines in our subdivision, broke my driveway while drilling under it with a ditch-witch. How do I get this repaired?

Natasha

Mscott79 - I am very sorry to see what happened with your sprinkler system. I will be happy to assist you with getting this issue resolved.

Can you please send me an email with your account number and contact number to ATTNancyM@att.com? In the subject line please put Mscott79.

My office hours are 9 am to 6 pm EST. Thank you, Nancy AT&T Social Media Manager

Alvy
@Natasha

Same thing happened to me as with Mscott79. At&t broke a line in my sprinkler system and now I have a dead sprinkler head in 1 zone with no water going to it.

I called 3 times, left message 2 times and no call back. in the mean time, I have a large area in my front lawn that is browning cause the sprinkler is dead.

I don't know if I should get it fixed and send AT&T the bill or will AT&T come out to fix it before a very large area of my front lawn will have to be replaced. Help please.

It was a contractor who came to bury your drop. AT&T no longer employs people to bury drops.

Complain about this!! AT&T employees care about the customer; the contractors do not.

Always ask if the person is an employee or a contractor be it a field technician or a phone service rep. AT&T is taking the low road and hiring contractors who do not care about you the customer.

ATT Reviews