Laurel, Maryland

I recently switched from AT&T GoPhone to another carrier. Before I ported my old phone number to the new phone, I called AT&T customer service to ask for my account number and how I can get the balance credit on my current account.

Knowing that I am leaving, the customer service rep gave me a completely bogus account number and said once the porting is complete, they will refund the balance. It took me and the new phone carrier almost two hours to figure out the account number was totally wrong. When we were finally able to finish the porting and I called for the refund, their service rep and supervisor insisted that the balance is not refundable, although their record showed that I called a couple days ago. I asked the balance be transferred to my other GoPhones in the household, and they said it can only be done before the phone is ported.

Once the number is ported, the account is closed and they can't touch it. What a horrible excuse! I was still using my GoPhone before the number was ported, so how do I know how much balance I should transfer before the account is closed? I followed what their customer service rep told me to do and lost all of my balance.

As a GoPhone custmer for more than 10 years, I am sadden by their dirty tricks to rip off customers in such a dishonest way.

To make matters worse, their customer service rep and even the supervisor speak broken English and the service call voice quality was terrible. I had to repeatedly explain why I requested the balance refund and the date the porting occurred.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Service Transfer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments