Kansas City, Missouri

Each year about this time, door to door AT&T sales staff come to my door saying the same exact thing every year. "have you heard that AT&T has run new cables in your neighborhood". When I point to the No Soliciting sign, they refuse to look at it and continue asking over and over about what cable service I have. Everytime I point to the sign, they keep looking at me and asking about my cable service. I used to think they did not know the meaning of no soliciting but now I'm convinced that AT&T is training them to get in your face anyway. Even after I announce that he is treaspassing and to get off my property, he says ok but stays in my face, standing his ground. It's almost as if they are daring you to use force to remove them. It wasn't until I went inside to call the police that he left.

Be warned, get their name and press charges for treaspassing.

Comments

They may well not be actual AT&T employees but rather independent contractors under Smart Circle or Cydcor. (they work on 100% commission and don't earn any money unless they can convince homeowners to sign up for various things).

Yahoo or Google search Smart Circle Scam or Cydcor Scam, or read the complaints here. It's quite educational.

If you can ascertain they are with Smart Circle or Cydcor, just slam the door in their faces and warn your neighbors. You can also call the police because odds are, they don't have the legally required solicitor's permit for your area.

You know they are just trying to make a living and its, not there fault you don't know the definition of soliciting a simple google search would tell you its legit. They aren't trained to ignore signs they are trained to ignore ignorant comments because if they put you in your place they could get in trouble.

@joe

*** IN TODAYS ENVIRONMENT - AFTER DARK. ARE YOU NUTS; THESE PEOPLE COULD BE SHOT LEGALLY; NO SOLICITING ORDINANCES ARE ENFORCED FOR A REASON - TO PROTECT EVERYONE.

@joe

Hey Joe Dirt: If you are on someone's property and they tell you to leave and you refuse, you have just committed the act of criminal trespass, which is punishable by law. Once these sales jack@sses are committing a crime, making rude comments is the least of their worries!

I'm very disturbed by the unsolicited ATT sales people that come to people's doors. Do you not have any comprehension that this is dangerous?

They ignored my no soliciting sign too. Anyone with bad intent could easily pose as an ATT sales person and harm someone.

It's extremely bad policy on your part. In this day and time you should know better!

Natasha

Hi, my name is Phillisa with AT&T Customer Care. I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you have encountered with our sales staff!

I would like to look further into this and get this matter resolved. Please email me directly at ATTPhillisaO@att.com with the best phone number to reach you during the hours of 8am-5pm Monday - Friday so I can make sure your compliant is properly handled. Thank you.

Phillisa O. AT&T Customer Care Manager