New Smyrna Beach, Florida
1.2K views

Stay away from this company. I have never received even close to the promised speeds for upload. They of course blamed it on my wiring how bout when I connect directly to their pole, even then no help and transfer *** cause their reps do not have the training to support a consumer. Even asked for supervisor and received none. Read and enjoy. I suggest if you are able to go with any other provider do so, AT&T is not what it used to be.

Chat with AT&T

Me: yes I am on that and for the services I am billed for it says AT&T High Speed Internet ExpressFastAccess DSL Ultra 769 Kbps - 1.5 Mbps 128 Kbps - 384 KbpsMe: I am sorry I will correct myself I am billed for the dsl extreme and these are the posted expectations: AT&T High Speed Internet EliteAT&T U-verse High Speed InternetFastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0 3.1 Mbps - 6 Mbps 512 Kbps - 1 MbpsMe: 0.32 does not equal 512 kpsJC: Ms. Sands, the upload speed of your internet service is 320Kbps up to 512Kbps.JC: I mean 520Kbps.JC: If you are getting 0.32 it is equivalent to 320Kbps.Me: the expectation for the fees I am charged monthly are 512 KBPS to 1 MBPSMe: According to the website you providedMe: I am charged monthly for FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0JC: Ms. Sands, I apologize for the confusion but what you are looking at is for U-verse internet speedtiers. It is combined on the website thus it is confusing you right now.Me: This is directly from my bill: FastAccess(R) DSL Xtreme 6.0 from Aug 01 thru Aug 31 so you are saying I actually receive the FastAccess DSL XtremeJC: Yes, that's correct.JC: You are getting the right upload speed.Me: They are combined as they are three different services all offerring the same speedsMe: Yes I am receiving the uploads promisedJC: 320Kbps is within range.JC: The website is a bit confusing I do apologize about that.Me: No I think you are confusedJC: It shows together with the speed for U-verse internet.Me: so false advertisementJC: It's not false advertisement, Ms. Sands. The website is just not updated causing confusion.JC: I do assure you that you are getting what you are paying for based on th results you've got on the speed test.Me: so I could lower down to the lesser cost DSL and receive the same serviceJC: If you will downgrade then you speeds would also go down.JC: Let me provide you with the range for the lower speeds.Me: I see my FastAccess DSL Xtreme is a discontinued Bellsouth plan so now what is the comparable plan how do I get 1.5 uploadMe: so if I move to the Fast access DSL Xtreme how much is that monthlyJC: You cannot get a 1.5 upload speed, Ms. Sands. If you want that kind of upload speed then you need a higher service which possibly is U-verse.Me: which is not offerred in my area as I would be on it already so according to the document you provided it is listing the teirs to what compabale services are offerred and according to the site I can move to the Fast Access DSL extreme and receive downloads 1.56 to 3.0 MBPS download with 384 KBPS - 1MBPS upload is this correctMe: So I am being charged for the Fast Access DSL Extreme promising 512 KBPS to 1 MBPS upload which you have stated I will not receive what is the price difference between the two pleaseJC: Ms. Sands, as what I was saying, your upload speeds should only be 320Kbps up to 520Kbps.JC: U-verse service is different than DSL.JC: The speed you're seeing on the website is combined for U-verse which is a bit confusing.Me: According to the site you provided my monthly services that I currently pay should give me those speedsMe: Can I speak with your supervisor pleaseJC has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...AT&T: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.Agent Michael M. enters chatMichael M.: Thank you for using AT&T Chat Services today. Please give me a moment to review your chat so that I am able to assist you.Me: Are you a supervisor?Michael M.: I am not.Me: I was to be transferred to a supervisor this is not going well at allMichael M.: How can I assist you today?Me: Please review and tell me what services I should be receiving for FastAccess DSL XtremeMe: Sorry FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0Michael M.: I am in the finance department and so I will get you to the team that works with the service.Me: OMGMe: I was already working with them and got transferred when asking for a supervisor this is not going wellMe: Please take ownership and fins me a supervisorMe: *findMe: I am chatting so I have documentation of my time spent trying to determine why I am charged for services your reps tell me I will never receive.Me: I understand you have nothing to offer as I did not ask for finance I asked for a supervisorMichael M.: I apologize for the inconvenience.Michael M.: I can get you back to the service team. I do not have access to the service team supervisor. One moment.Me: I see nothing has changed can't help the customer just transfer them aroundMichael M. has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.AT&T Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.Me: I would like to speak with a supervisor please.Me: I see there is no time stamp for this chat so I will mark it here: 10:16 AM 08/31/2015Agent Romeo enters chatRomeo: Thank you for contacting AT&T, my name is Romeo. How can I help you today?Me: I will need a supervisor please.Me: My name is Jennifer Sands phone number is 386-429-0428Romeo: I apologize for the inconvenience. I can help you with that.Me: Great I will waitMe: Idea of what the eta will beRomeo: Do you have a U-verse account or DSL service?Me: Chat with AT&TClose ChatSend MessageSendChime onPrint TranscriptAT&T: Hello! How may I help you today?AT&T: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.Me: I have DSL highspeed which promises 3.5 download and 1.5 upload, ATT speed test shows I am only receiving .032 upload I need this to be what is promisedAT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.Me: Sorry that is 0.32 upload I need this to be above 1.0JC: Thank you for chatting AT&T. My name is Jc.JC: May I have your complete name and the telephone number associated to your DSL account?Me: Jennifer Sands 3864380428Me: sorry number is 3864390428JC: Thank you, Ms. Sands.JC: I understand you're experiencing a speed issue with your internet service.JC: No worries.JC: I can help you with that.JC: Are you at the location where the DSL service is located?Me: yes please review my notesMe: i am directly connected with a filter to the box on my house I have brand new linesMe: so from the box straight to the modem through a windowMe: the dsl filter is at the boxJC: Thank you for the information.JC: Is the chat session connected to the DSL service in question?Me: yesJC: Do you have a computer that is directly connected (wired) to the modem?Me: yesMe: i am connected via ethernet on this chatJC: Alright.JC: Is the computer you are using the only device using the internet connection as of the moment?Me: yesJC: Ms. Sands, you say there is a filter connected to the line that goes to the wall jack?Me: no i said as the filter is on your att pole outside my houseMe: my 25 ft dsl cable and pots phone line run from the filter outside at the tap and thru a window straight to the modem and telephoneJC: Alright.JC: I got that noted.Me: no wall jacvksMe: jacksJC: Based on the result you've got from the speed test, 032 is a within range result for upload speed.Me: how is that possible when the advertizment claims 1.5 which is what I need for workMe: and I am charged for a static IP each month?JC: I can check on that for you.JC: For security verification, please answer the question below.JC: Who is your favorite singer?Me: yes please do as nothing on the websites states 0.32 up to 1.5 actually everything thing is saying 1.5Me: Bob segerMe: also where can I find the documentation on the speeds received pleaseJC: Thank you for answering the question.JC: You can check the speedtiers on the link below.JC: http://www.att.net/speedtiersMe: yes I am on that and for the services I am billed for it says AT&T High Speed Internet ExpressFastAccess DSL Ultra 769 Kbps - 1.5 Mbps 128 Kbps - 384 KbpsMe: I am sorry I will correct myself I am billed for the dsl extreme and these are the posted expectations: AT&T High Speed Internet EliteAT&T U-verse High Speed InternetFastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0 3.1 Mbps - 6 Mbps 512 Kbps - 1 MbpsMe: 0.32 does not equal 512 kpsJC: Ms. Sands, the upload speed of your internet service is 320Kbps up to 512Kbps.JC: I mean 520Kbps.JC: If you are getting 0.32 it is equivalent to 320Kbps.Me: the expectation for the fees I am charged monthly are 512 KBPS to 1 MBPSMe: According to the website you providedMe: I am charged monthly for FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0JC: Ms. Sands, I apologize for the confusion but what you are looking at is for U-verse internet speedtiers. It is combined on the website thus it is confusing you right now.Me: This is directly from my bill: FastAccess(R) DSL Xtreme 6.0 from Aug 01 thru Aug 31 so you are saying I actually receive the FastAccess DSL XtremeJC: Yes, that's correct.JC: You are getting the right upload speed.Me: They are combined as they are three different services all offerring the same speedsMe: Yes I am receiving the uploads promisedJC: 320Kbps is within range.JC: The website is a bit confusing I do apologize about that.Me: No I think you are confusedJC: It shows together with the speed for U-verse internet.Me: so false advertisementJC: It's not false advertisement, Ms. Sands. The website is just not updated causing confusion.JC: I do assure you that you are getting what you are paying for based on th results you've got on the speed test.Me: so I could lower down to the lesser cost DSL and receive the same serviceJC: If you will downgrade then you speeds would also go down.JC: Let me provide you with the range for the lower speeds.Me: I see my FastAccess DSL Xtreme is a discontinued Bellsouth plan so now what is the comparable plan how do I get 1.5 uploadMe: so if I move to the Fast access DSL Xtreme how much is that monthlyJC: You cannot get a 1.5 upload speed, Ms. Sands. If you want that kind of upload speed then you need a higher service which possibly is U-verse.Me: which is not offerred in my area as I would be on it already so according to the document you provided it is listing the teirs to what compabale services are offerred and according to the site I can move to the Fast Access DSL extreme and receive downloads 1.56 to 3.0 MBPS download with 384 KBPS - 1MBPS upload is this correctMe: So I am being charged for the Fast Access DSL Extreme promising 512 KBPS to 1 MBPS upload which you have stated I will not receive what is the price difference between the two pleaseJC: Ms. Sands, as what I was saying, your upload speeds should only be 320Kbps up to 520Kbps.JC: U-verse service is different than DSL.JC: The speed you're seeing on the website is combined for U-verse which is a bit confusing.Me: According to the site you provided my monthly services that I currently pay should give me those speedsMe: Can I speak with your supervisor pleaseJC has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...AT&T: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.Agent Michael M. enters chatMichael M.: Thank you for using AT&T Chat Services today. Please give me a moment to review your chat so that I am able to assist you.Me: Are you a supervisor?Michael M.: I am not.Me: I was to be transferred to a supervisor this is not going well at allMichael M.: How can I assist you today?Me: Please review and tell me what services I should be receiving for FastAccess DSL XtremeMe: Sorry FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0Michael M.: I am in the finance department and so I will get you to the team that works with the service.Me: OMGMe: I was already working with them and got transferred when asking for a supervisor this is not going wellMe: Please take ownership and fins me a supervisorMe: *findMe: I am chatting so I have documentation of my time spent trying to determine why I am charged for services your reps tell me I will never receive.Me: I understand you have nothing to offer as I did not ask for finance I asked for a supervisorMichael M.: I apologize for the inconvenience.Michael M.: I can get you back to the service team. I do not have access to the service team supervisor. One moment.Me: I see nothing has changed can't help the customer just transfer them aroundMichael M. has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.AT&T Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.Me: Chat with AT&TClose ChatSend MessageSendChime onPrint TranscriptAT&T: Hello! How may I help you today?AT&T: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.Me: I have DSL highspeed which promises 3.5 download and 1.5 upload, ATT speed test shows I am only receiving .032 upload I need this to be what is promisedAT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.Me: Sorry that is 0.32 upload I need this to be above 1.0JC: Thank you for chatting AT&T. My name is Jc.JC: May I have your complete name and the telephone number associated to your DSL account?Me: Jennifer Sands 3864380428Me: sorry number is 3864390428JC: Thank you, Ms. Sands.JC: I understand you're experiencing a speed issue with your internet service.JC: No worries.JC: I can help you with that.JC: Are you at the location where the DSL service is located?Me: yes please review my notesMe: i am directly connected with a filter to the box on my house I have brand new linesMe: so from the box straight to the modem through a windowMe: the dsl filter is at the boxJC: Thank you for the information.JC: Is the chat session connected to the DSL service in question?Me: yesJC: Do you have a computer that is directly connected (wired) to the modem?Me: yesMe: i am connected via ethernet on this chatJC: Alright.JC: Is the computer you are using the only device using the internet connection as of the moment?Me: yesJC: Ms. Sands, you say there is a filter connected to the line that goes to the wall jack?Me: no i said as the filter is on your att pole outside my houseMe: my 25 ft dsl cable and pots phone line run from the filter outside at the tap and thru a window straight to the modem and telephoneJC: Alright.JC: I got that noted.Me: no wall jacvksMe: jacksJC: Based on the result you've got from the speed test, 032 is a within range result for upload speed.Me: how is that possible when the advertizment claims 1.5 which is what I need for workMe: and I am charged for a static IP each month?JC: I can check on that for you.JC: For security verification, please answer the question below.JC: Who is your favorite singer?Me: yes please do as nothing on the websites states 0.32 up to 1.5 actually everything thing is saying 1.5Me: Bob segerMe: also where can I find the documentation on the speeds received pleaseJC: Thank you for answering the question.JC: You can check the speedtiers on the link below.JC: http://www.att.net/speedtiersMe: yes I am on that and for the services I am billed for it says AT&T High Speed Internet ExpressFastAccess DSL Ultra 769 Kbps - 1.5 Mbps 128 Kbps - 384 KbpsMe: I am sorry I will correct myself I am billed for the dsl extreme and these are the posted expectations: AT&T High Speed Internet EliteAT&T U-verse High Speed InternetFastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0 3.1 Mbps - 6 Mbps 512 Kbps - 1 MbpsMe: 0.32 does not equal 512 kpsJC: Ms. Sands, the upload speed of your internet service is 320Kbps up to 512Kbps.JC: I mean 520Kbps.JC: If you are getting 0.32 it is equivalent to 320Kbps.Me: the expectation for the fees I am charged monthly are 512 KBPS to 1 MBPSMe: According to the website you providedMe: I am charged monthly for FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0JC: Ms. Sands, I apologize for the confusion but what you are looking at is for U-verse internet speedtiers. It is combined on the website thus it is confusing you right now.Me: This is directly from my bill: FastAccess(R) DSL Xtreme 6.0 from Aug 01 thru Aug 31 so you are saying I actually receive the FastAccess DSL XtremeJC: Yes, that's correct.JC: You are getting the right upload speed.Me: They are combined as they are three different services all offerring the same speedsMe: Yes I am receiving the uploads promisedJC: 320Kbps is within range.JC: The website is a bit confusing I do apologize about that.Me: No I think you are confusedJC: It shows together with the speed for U-verse internet.Me: so false advertisementJC: It's not false advertisement, Ms. Sands. The website is just not updated causing confusion.JC: I do assure you that you are getting what you are paying for based on th results you've got on the speed test.Me: so I could lower down to the lesser cost DSL and receive the same serviceJC: If you will downgrade then you speeds would also go down.JC: Let me provide you with the range for the lower speeds.Me: I see my FastAccess DSL Xtreme is a discontinued Bellsouth plan so now what is the comparable plan how do I get 1.5 uploadMe: so if I move to the Fast access DSL Xtreme how much is that monthlyJC: You cannot get a 1.5 upload speed, Ms. Sands. If you want that kind of upload speed then you need a higher service which possibly is U-verse.Me: which is not offerred in my area as I would be on it already so according to the document you provided it is listing the teirs to what compabale services are offerred and according to the site I can move to the Fast Access DSL extreme and receive downloads 1.56 to 3.0 MBPS download with 384 KBPS - 1MBPS upload is this correctMe: So I am being charged for the Fast Access DSL Extreme promising 512 KBPS to 1 MBPS upload which you have stated I will not receive what is the price difference between the two pleaseJC: Ms. Sands, as what I was saying, your upload speeds should only be 320Kbps up to 520Kbps.JC: U-verse service is different than DSL.JC: The speed you're seeing on the website is combined for U-verse which is a bit confusing.Me: According to the site you provided my monthly services that I currently pay should give me those speedsMe: Can I speak with your supervisor pleaseJC has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...AT&T: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.Agent Michael M. enters chatMichael M.: Thank you for using AT&T Chat Services today. Please give me a moment to review your chat so that I am able to assist you.Me: Are you a supervisor?Michael M.: I am not.Me: I was to be transferred to a supervisor this is not going well at allMichael M.: How can I assist you today?Me: Please review and tell me what services I should be receiving for FastAccess DSL XtremeMe: Sorry FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0Michael M.: I am in the finance department and so I will get you to the team that works with the service.Me: OMGMe: I was already working with them and got transferred when asking for a supervisor this is not going wellMe: Please take ownership and fins me a supervisorMe: *findMe: I am chatting so I have documentation of my time spent trying to determine why I am charged for services your reps tell me I will never receive.Me: I understand you have nothing to offer as I did not ask for finance I asked for a supervisorMichael M.: I apologize for the inconvenience.Michael M.: I can get you back to the service team. I do not have access to the service team supervisor. One moment.Me: I see nothing has changed can't help the customer just transfer them aroundMichael M. has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.AT&T Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.Me: I am being transferred around please obtain a supervisor for me please.Romeo: Do you have a U-verse account or DSL service?Me: FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0Me: while we are waiting for the supervisor could you tell me what download and upload speeds I should expect with this service?Romeo: Sure.Romeo: I am really sorry. I was not able to pull up the account using the information you provided. Can you provide me the 9-digit Billing Account Number or the telephone number which is registered on the U-verse Account?Me: 3864390428069Romeo: You services is in which state?Me: FloridaRomeo: I apologize, you have reached the U-verse team.Me: I would really like to speak with a supervisor pleaseRomeo: Let me connect you to the right team for assistance.Me: U-verse or DSL should not matter you can see by my post I have been transferred around considerably this morningMe: This is being documentedMe: I am doubtful but thank youRomeo: You don't need to repeat yourself again.Me: Time stamp 10:28 AMRomeo: I am connecting you to the right team.Romeo has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...Agent Glenn enters chatGlenn: Thank you for contacting AT&T. My name is Glenn.Glenn: I can see that you have been transferred several times, I apologize for that. Please allow me one to two minutes to review the previous contact.Me: My name is Jennifer Sands okGlenn: Thank you.Glenn: Thank you for patiently waiting.Me: Do you see the issue Glenn?Me: I am not confused everything I have on my services states I should receive upload speeds from 512 Kbps - 1 Mbps even http://www.att.net/speedtiers confirms itMe: I do not receive this and I need to receive thisGlenn: My apologies for that.Me: this has been ongoing since May of this yearMe: My history should be well documented as I have had several repairs, replaced the modem and ran straight lines into my house no reason for me not to receive what I am paying forGlenn: DSL Consumer 6M = FastAccess DSL Extreme 6.0MB Downstream and 512 kbps UpstreamMe: I have 2 25 foot phone lines running from the box on the pole straight into my modem and phone, there is a dsl filter at the poleMe: yeap I am testing at 0.32Me: which is not enough for my employment I must reach the 512Glenn: I'm very sorry for that.Glenn: AT&T offers many levels of High Speed Internet Access to account for the various needs of our customers. Each level of service has an associated "service capability speed" which describes the maximum possible data transfer rate between the Network Interface Device at your home or office and the first piece of equipment in the AT&T Network.Glenn: These speeds can vary depending on your distance from the AT&T central office in your area and other factors, they are represented as a range, from minimum to maximum.Me: great I will call brighthouse and switchMe: I would like a credit as I am not receiving the minimum upload speed for my service package nor have I ever received the minGlenn: I understand this may be frustrating.Glenn: Let me get a billing agent on that concern.Glenn has left the chatYou are being transferred, please hold...Me: No I am aware that You can process the credit no need for another transfer this morning.Me: I am sending this Chat to the CEOAgent Joe A. enters chatJoe A.: Thank you for using AT&T Chat Services today. Please give me a moment to review your chat so that I am able to assist you.Me: This is crazy, you advertise and charge me for the services I have documented issues not of my fault and yet I get transferred to *** and back lovely customer serviceMe: Time Stamp 10:44 AMMe: No help other than not my problem let me transferMe: CuteMe: I have asked for a supervisor not received one, asked for ownership to at least review my hostory not happenedMe: This is a failureMe: So how many representatives can you speak with in one day Ms. SandsMe: So JoeMe: According to the reps I have spoken with this morning I am never going to receive even close to the promised upload speed that I have paid for over several months how can you assist me todayMe: Time Stamp 10:50AMMe: WOWMe: HelloJoe A.: Thank you for patiently waiting.Joe A.: I was just reviewing the previous chats.Me: I want a credit as I pay for something that I do not receive. Nor have I received. The lack of ownership taken by your counterparts will be handle via the CEO and pissedconsumer.com. I do not hold you responsible but this is *** and really bad customer serviceJoe A.: I am sorry for the issues you have been having.Me: me too sad to see a good company declineJoe A.: As for issueing any credits that would have to be handled by our Care department.Me: LOLMe: I am literally ROTFLMAOMe: Of course it requires another transfer. LOL thats ok Joe don't waste your time or mine I will be contacted after I post this chat on Facebook.Me: Final time stamp after wasting an hour 10:59 AM and no solution.Joe A.: Currently you are in our collections department and we handle payments and payment extensions in out department.Me: I have been an AT&T customer for a long time, I will ensure that changes promptly.Me: I understand Joe I have been in transfer *** since 10 AM this morning.Me: ItJoe A.: I am truly sorry to hear that.Me: My account is current and I have excellent pay.Me: So this is how a good customer is treated how bout I not pay my bill and wait till you call me on the 7th day to collect and then work on my tech issues which are well documented in my history.Joe A.: Then you definitely would not need my assistance.Me: Joe no offense but I have concluded that AT&T does not employ persons who can help or provide assistance you guys are great at tranferring through.Joe A.: Tech issues would need to go the Care as well for troubleshooting as I wouldn't even know where to begin with a tech issue.Me: You have an awesome day and look for our chat later on the ATT facebook page.Me: Full stop at 11:04 AMJoe A.: You have a wonderful day as well and hope all your issues will be resolved shortly.Me: thanks JoeJoe A.: You are very welcome.Joe A.: Thank you for contacting us today and for using AT&T chat support.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

ATT Cons: Crooks.

Comments

So typical of customer service these days - they just wear you down until they hope you go away...

This my friend is 100% typical of service providers. They tell you anything to get you into a contract then give you nothing like you were promised.

Then when you call to complain they put you on the 'pass it on' track. They hope you will give up and hang up and accept less than your agreed upon contract.

This looks like every conversation I've had with AT&T except they always let me know I have no other choice right now until cable moves in this area. When it does I will be with cable.

I already had to cut off my home phone and change cell phone company. Looking forward to the day.

Been there. Done that.

AT&T sucks. They bill incorrectly, promise speeds they won't deliver, and basically just *** you around.