2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

First off, I have been a loyal AT&T customer since it was cellular 1, over 23 years. My phone was due for an upgrade 6/16, I received several alerts on my account telling me I was eligible starting in 5/16.

I’ve been waiting since last July 2015, my phone was damaged but I couldn’t do anything until 6/16, my contract stated that’s when my upgrade was due. I went to my local AT&T store for my upgrade, I was told it was not eligible for an upgrade until 10/2/17, I asked how that was possible when I have been receiving alerts that I was eligible in June. I called customer service and talked with Patrick, he looked my account up and said I was eligible, but then on another screen he saw that it said 10/2/17, I was put on hold so he could investigate, after 31 minutes on hold I figured he was never coming back and I finally hung up. I called back later on Friday and spoke with Jordan, I told him what was going on and of course all he recited to me was what his screen said, I informed him how wrong he was, I was then sent to Vanessa at the escalation department, all I heard was one unacceptable excuse after another for over an hour, first she tried to tell me that I didn’t pay my bill since March, if that was the case my phone wouldn’t be working, then I was told I didn’t pay Junes bill, I told her 4 times I have the confirmation number but she ignored that fact, then she tried to tell me another number on my account took my upgrade, that is completely impossible and never happened, that number was upgraded in 10/15, my phone was still under contract and not eligible for an upgrade, so that scenario would be impossible considering my phones contract was only 1 yr and 4 months into a 2 year contract, I asked her repeatedly to look at the date I purchased my phone, it was June 2014, with a 2 year contract my upgrade would be 2016.

The one thing every customer rep kept telling me was that I could take the upgrade on the other phone on my account , as I told all the reps, that phone needs upgraded, so if I take that phones upgrade I’m out of luck with the other phone for 2 years. After over an hour on the phone with Vanessa she informed my she could not override the system to change the date on my upgrade and that she could do nothing, that is total bull, you mean to tell me a billion dollar corp doesn’t have the technology to look up my contract, go back to May and look up the text alerts telling me I’m due for an upgrade? As I informed everyone, what you are forcing me to do is change phone service, and if I have to do that I’m moving all the phones to another carrier, and apparently non of the service reps care if I leave. I’m not asking for a free phone, I’m asking to have my upgrade date corrected so I can get a new phone.

what I believe happened is someone inside ATT hijacked my account and changed the date for some odd reason.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of a product or service from ATT. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants ATT to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer serive. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by ATT for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments