Vidalia, Louisiana
2.2

We live in a small town of about 5k people. There are two options of internet choices for most people here.

It's either Cable-One or AT&T. We first got Cable-One internet, but the connection was failing all the time throughout the day. It was extremely fast internet due to being cable ISP, but eventually we switch to AT&T so we can have a stable connection. We paid for the highest speed internet package which is even more then our $55 dollar per month cable internet.

It's DSL instead of fiber due to your small town location. We installed the internet the first day, but our internet speed was only 69 kbps. which is only a little faster then dial up. Being in the 21st century, I thought it was ridiculous when we were guaranteed the fastest DSL internet speed that AT&T has to offer for our home.

We have 4 kids who needs the internet for school. Not to mention Netflixs, Xbox live, music downloading, IPads, laptops ect. I know a good bit about computers and networking so I made sure everything was correctly installed including all the settings. I ran out of option and had to call customer service who I spent 3 hours on the phone with to tell me to do all this pointless things that I've already done.

Things like unplugging the power to the routers and resetting. I immediately requested for a technician to come check the lines, but the guy wouldn't just go ahead and schedule it so I had to spend 3 hours on the phone with this ***. At the same time, I requested to be lower to the slowest package which is $30 bucks a month until the situation is solve since I didn't want to pay for something that I'm not getting. Two days later, the technician showed up, he went and checked the lines and decided to install a new one.

He walks inside my house smiling said that everything was good to go. Thinking that everything was solved, I thanked him and he was on his way. I grabbed the laptop to do a speed test that shows the same speed! I quickly grabbed my keys and jumped in my car and floors the gas since I knew I could catch the technician since there was one road that he was leaving.

Looking like a crazy ***, I caught up to him doing 120 mph in my car. (G37 couple) Thank God for small towns with country back roads. I got his attention, and he pulled over to talk to me. He said that his IPad (that's what he had that shows the status of the internet speed) showed that everything is functioning normally and that his job was done and that he couldn't do anything else for me.

Out of option, I drove home with the internet speed status of a sloth on a tree. I called AT&T again and spoke to a different guy which I hate since you have have to explain everything again to them. He was trying to get me to do these same steps that the other guy told me to do two days ago. Frustrated, I told him that I need something done.

He said he would transfer me over to the engineers, but he was going to call then first and talk to them first. I waited for a call, and the next day another technician came out with the same result saying everything seems to be functioning "correctly." If that was the case, why is my internet speed at 56-70 kbps all the time? I asked him. He said he doesn't know what to do and told me to call AT&T.

I know of neighbors who have the same service with no problem of speed being slow. Everyone I knew, either had AT&T or Cable-One at their house with no problem. Both service didn't work correctly at my house. That was about 8 years ago when I moved to the small town I'm living at now.

After having at least 8 technicians come out to my house to try and "solve" the problem, the problem was not solve to this day. The guy I spoke to that mentioned that he was going to call me back never called me back. Either did the engineers. After spending many hours on the phone with AT&T, nothing was done.

They gave me a $20 credit on my bill for being a long time customer with them. (Cellular service) Withiut any options in my town, I had to keep the service, praying that the problem would be solve eventually. Technicians after technicals and phone calls after phone calls to AT&T, I still have the slowest internet living in the year 2014. Yes, 2014.

My internet on my Iphone was faster then my home internet. My kids were constantly using my IPhone's tethering wifi capability to do homework. They could only play xbox live sometimes. Probably once a week.

We had to go to neighbors' house to use the internet sometimes. You know AT&T sucks when you are going to through Mcdonalds drive-thru to use their wifi to download songs for your long flight you have coming up. What's even more sad is that, I'm paying all this money for the last 8 years because I do not have any ther option. AT&T would still sometimes throw in random charges that I have never sub rube to or even have knowledge about.

It's literary headache for me to deal with them. Like the time I was overseas and my SIM card was in my phone, but I never made a call or text and somehow got charged $50 dollars for it. I spent hundreds of dollars to have someone come check my phone line and cable to see what the problem is. The house was built in 2001 so I can't see what the problem is.

AT&T Reps, if you are reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself for stealing me money for those bogus charged. Your promises of telling me that you will help me with my internet problems are lies.

I had to spend countless hours at the offices to do my work instead of doing it in my home because of you. Karma will get you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

When it comes to home internet, there's only so much bandwidth to go around. "We have 4 kids who needs the internet for school.

Not to mention Netflixs, Xbox live, music downloading, IPads, laptops ect." There's a very real possibility here that you simply may have too much *** connected. I would also recommend using alternative devices and throughput test sites to verify your findings.

@Batman

You need to get a job with AT&T they like your kind if you aren't already.

ATT Reviews