Raleigh, North Carolina
Resolved
1.2

Update by user Apr 20, 2018

I contacted either Consumer Complaints or BBB and the second I did, ATT contacted me saying, "Our bad" and completely changed their tune. I paid what I actually owed and closed the account.However, you're not able to actually delete an account with ATT online even after your service is cancelled

Update by user Apr 20, 2018

UPDATE. This happened several years ago.

I paid what I actually owed and closed the account. However, you're not able to actually delete an account with ATT online even after your service is cancelled.

Original review posted by user May 24, 2016

In January of this year I switched from Time Warner after years of using their phone service due to needing a traditional landline. I had ATT service briefly and yet the entire time it was such confusing and unprofessional interaction.

Each month my bill was a different amount even though I rarely used the phone. No two agents had the same explanation for this, and it lead me to believe even their employees do not understand their policies and billing procedures. When I received yet another unexplainable bill amount of over $100, I switched back to digital phone. I recently called ATT to ask why my final bill was so high and yet another new explanation was told to me, which was that a payment had been reversed at some point.

My bank confirmed this was false, so I called back to inform ATT of this so I could get my actual bill amount, pay it, and be done with them once and for all. But alas, it is apparently never that simple with this company. Once again they had something new to tell me about there being a payment attempted via a check-cashing place, which is a mystery to me since I pay bills with my debit card and it is reflected on my statements. ATT of course could not explain the mystery check cashing business to me and just told me that my account will go into collections by June 6 if I didn't fax over my proof of payment via my bank.

Yet they don't have to prove to me that this so-called random reversal actually occurred. Nor do they have to explain to me why some check-cashing transaction is associated with my account. A single agent was cooperative and knowledgeable. He told me that my final bill made no sense and tried getting me to Accounts Receivable.

I was transferred to the wrong department twice. Unfortunately the person I finally spoke to in AR was a *** who, like the many other agents I'd dealt with, had no information to offer - just a request for me to prove something to ATT. I asked him how to file a complaint about the company and he said only a PO Box address was available. No actual person to speak to.

It left me no choice but to use a complaint board.

We used to be able to pay what we owed, receive a service, and that was the simple end of it. It is not a difficult thing to grasp.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Home Phone Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

ATT Cons: Lack of knowledge for their own billing breakdown.

• Unprofessional