Chicago, Illinois

Update by user May 11, 2012

This post is in response to PissedCustomer\'s email:

\"It would be useful to PissedConsumer site visitors to get an update from you, if you were able to make any progress with ATT on the subject of your review\".

After being called a \"racist\" by an AT&T representative (see comments from AT&T representative below) in conjunction with Consumer Reports poor ratings for the company, I decided to drop my Internet and phone service with them after 15 years and get WOW!, which was highly rated. WOW! is a Colorado based company that gives customer service 24/7 and you speak with an American for any type of assistance any time you call day or night. There is no outsourcing to India, you can understand their representatives, the service is cheaper and better, you can keep your phone number that you had with AT&T, and they resolve any problems you might have immediately. There internet service is 15mps vs AT&T\'s 3MPS. My phone service gives me 100 free hours of local and long distance service per month and incoming calls are free. My total cost for Internet and phone service is $69 and my installation and wireless modem was free. You can actually bargain with them as a new customer, and the deal is good for 12 months; NO CONTRACTS either. If after 12 months and there is another special, an existing customer can call them to renegotiate the price. Deals are not restricted to new customers, and they are opened to reasonable bargaining.

I believe that AT&T has become quite arrogant, does not provide proper services or customer support, and has gotten so large that they no longer care about their customers. As they begin to lose them, possibly their posture will change.

Update by user Apr 16, 2012

To the AT&T Rep:

Racist my butt. I work for an airport and we work 24/7 with no holidays, so don\'t try playing the race card with me. Try providing the service that we expect from you. Many companies have service 24/7 yet, when we demand it, we are racist according to you. Give it a rest.

Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2012

I tried to contact AT&T for support with my Internet connection and guess what? They now cannot help you during certain hours (I guess India needs a rest).

They have an established set of hours where you can get customer suppport and, if you do not call during these hours, tough. They do not care and are truly asking for customers to leave. I would recommend those with AT&T to change providers.

This is way past pathetic and incompetent.

AT&T has gotten so large that they feel they no longer have to give customers any type of service. I am cancelling and getting another provider.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Internet Service.

Comments

Ed S

Racist my butt. I work for an airport and we work 24/7 with no holidays, so don't try playing the race card with me.

Give it a rest.

If I were your boss and you called a customer racist for demanding service, you would be looking for a new job. Your costomer service skills are typical of AT&T.

I understand your concern. As any company, there are business hours. But actually, you can contact US at any time.

AT&T Wireless Service for example, my deparment, you can call us at 1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If your internet doesn't work at 2AM, just call.

And that comment about indian guys is racist. As everyone, people need rest, they have families and a life outta the company. I bet you wouldn't like work nights, right?

And well your comment is racist, I know, you are a valuable customer but at&t is a large company, it hires them because many americans don't want to do what they do. I am blessed for having a job with AT&T though here in the US and it's a good company, when you know it from within, you realize how much they care for customers.

ATT Reviews