Just to start - I'm not embellishing any of this...this is exactly what happened, and you can decide for yourself. However, I thought it would be important to get this out there as people are going to start buying phones and such for their loved ones over the holidays, and perhaps AT&T is not the best carrier..

I've been a customer of AT&T for 6 years...since my iPhone 3GS. It's been good service for the most part...in this day and age though, AT&T is a little expensive for what you get. T-Mobile definitely has better prices, and even though AT&T might claim their service is a million times better - it's not. Further, if you want to go by the general consensus, Verizon has equal, if not better service than AT&T, and has way better customer support - but I'll get to that.

My phone recently died, and I wanted to get a replacement. AT&T forwarded me to their retention department, and I spoke to one of their reps. I will say - this person was curteous, and we worked out a deal that worked for me. I wanted to check on something before agreeing to the deal, but he said he couldn't be reached after the phone call ended. So - he was supposed to call me back, and to make a long story short, I never got the phone call to seal the deal.

I called later in the day and talked to a new rep. The new rep said that he couldn't give me the same pricing as the other agent, and that the best deal he could give me was 40% more than the previous agent. Further - he said he couldn't talk to the original agent that I talked to so we could understand what he offered me. (that seems a bit silly...because you're going to have this kind of issue...I can't believe there's no corporate intranet, no corporate IM...seriously?) This agent said he would look into the pricing with his manager and call me back. He actually did call me back, but offered me the 40% higher price than the original agent.

I then called the following day and talked to an agent who now said I would have to pay ~70% higher than the first agent I talked to.

I explained to him the situation, and he said there was nothing he could do...and I thought, 'wow - every agent I've talked to has given me a difference price...and every time, they gave me a higher price.' ...and there was nothing they could do about it.

Then I decided to tweet ATTCares - because...that's what it's there for. They responded for awhile on thursday and asked if there was a good time for them to call me..and I said today between 9-11am... nope. No call.

So seriously - this is the absolute worst customer sevice I've ever had in my life. If you're thinking about with AT&T, I would really consider one of the other carriers. Or if you seriously seriously seriously want to use AT&T, make sure to at least 5 agents before you decide...because based on my experience, you'll get a different price.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

ATT Cons: Everthing.

Comments

Hello, unfortunately, the ATT customer care employees can´t transfer calls/chats between members of the same department, they can transfer you from wireless to u-verse but not from wireless to wireless.

ATT Reviews