1.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Last month I made the final payment on my iPhone 7 and decided to try a new cell phone company. When I got the new SIM card I was told my phone could not be unlocked because it wasn’t paid for.

I went to the store and apparently when I had filed an insurance claim on my 1st phone because the camera was broken something was done incorrectly on AT&Ts side. The associate called and spoke with an agent and finally the were able to figure out what happened. I was told to wait 72 hours and then the phone would be unlocked. After 72 hours I tried again same message the phone hasn’t been paid off I spoke to another customer service representative and we went over everything again she said to wait 72hrs.

So I did and guess what? Same thing I went through this 2 more times and same thing. So I filed a complaint with the BBB and got an email from Jonathan Bennett. He said he was from AT&T off ice of the presideuand he would like to speak with me about this.

He left his number for me to call after 3 phone calls and 1 email later he finally called me back. He told me that I was lying and that I did not purchase this phone from AT&T and it was not paid for and someone else was still making payments on it. I have never bought a phone from an individual and I am the only one who has ever owned this phone. He said that unless I could produce a recipient from the original transaction 2 years ago that he would not help me.

He said that there is nobody higher up than him and he didn’t care what I had to say. He said there was no way I wasn’t lying about this because things like this do not happen it’s impossible. Well I’m telling you it is possible. I still have a open account with AT&T I pay my direct tv bill though AT&T and my bill was only going down $25.00 a month what reason do I have to lie.

In 15 years I have never missed a payment or even been late on a payment. This can all be proven fact.

Tomorrow I will go to the AT&T store and see if I can get one of the small guys to help me. Obviously the higher ups are incompetent and incapable.

Preferred solution: I want my PAID OFF PHONE to be unlocked. .

Comments

FragrantBeaver725
#1581933

I too have those problems.