I bought an Iphone 8 from Best Buy. The phone was fully paid for upfront as I did not want to deal with any contracts. I used the AT&T's prepaid service on the phone for 3 months. There were no subsidies or any discounts from AT&T given. It was a flat rate prepaid service.

After 3 months I tried to switch the service but I was told my phone has been locked by AT&T for 6 months. I tried to contact AT&T but their response was less than helpful. They do not seem to understand that it is not their phone and they cannot lock it. I paid for the phone upfront. AT&T customer service was extremely unhelpful and rude at times. Their twitter account, ironically names @ATTCares, did not give a damn.

This is basically a scam. Neither AT&T people or anyone had warned us while buying their 'prepaid' service. It indeed says 'no-contract' in big bold letters. However they locked my own phone instead.

See two pictures below. One where I bought the phone outright and another where AT&T says they have locked it.

Review about: Att Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Unlock my phone and pay for my inconvinience .

I didn't like: Them scamming me.

Comments