Update added by user Sep 20, 2012
Finally we have resolved the $99 service fee but of course our service is semi-out again.Our internet speed is clocking in at 4 mb and we are paying for the 18 mb service.
Hmmm-a service call didn\'t fix it.
I think the line to the house is bad but no one is willing to run a new line.Again-run fast and far from this company!
Update added by user Aug 20, 2012
This is the \"professional installation\" of Uverse in our home.It is on the floor of our son\'s bedroom upstairs.
We have been living with this mess for 2 years!The original technician was too lazy to install it in a logical place and no one will change it now.
Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2012
In July our uverse tv went out AGAIN (about the 6th time in 2 years).Three days later a technician came and replaced modem.
When he left we had no landline service or DVR capabilities. Don't worry AT&T, I dont mind paying a bizillion dollars for service that doesn't work! Three days later another tech shows up and is nothing short of rude. I seriously called my husband to get home because of this man.
I tried to explain to him how this problem started and he held his hand in my face and said he will fix it-clearly didn't want to know any information. Fine. Two modems and one new DVR box later he says he's finished. Now comes the kicker.
"Um I am going to say this job was cancelled when I came to your door so our service rating numbers wont be affected. Callbacks are bad for our scores. I fixed everything but as far as AT&T knows, turns out you didn't need us." Huh? Whatever, just get out of my house.
Well August bill comes and guess what? AT&T billed us for $99 repair for that day. Evidently he told them it wasn't an equipment issue to save the union rating. I am in dispute with AT&T now.
I advise anyone who has service calls to never let a technician pull this on them. The whole company is such a mess-we are in the process of dropping everything and taking our exhorbitant Uverse money elsewhere!
I truly have never dealt with such a horrible customer service company.If you are thinking of getting Uverse-RUN FAST AND FAR TO ANOTHER COMPANY!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They may have a great product and I believe they do. However, their call center support is absolutely useless. Too many roads to navigate to get anywhere. ..."
- "I had also had a bad experience with AT&T U-verse internet..... I had signed up for new internet service at my house. The advertised speed was 75 Mbps for $35 for..."
- "Yesterday I called ATT to inform them that they left open a wiring box on the street in front of my house. It's one of those iron boxes on the..."
- "I recently shipped out a $900 Acer Aspire Touch 17" Laptop to be repaired. It had a shattered laptop screen at the top right-hand corner. I have insurance through Asurion..."
- "I booked a tour in January for Spain named "Spanish wonder" which will start on June 5th this year.I got a single deal and was sure that it means that..."
- "Good luck! We had a pipe in our kitchen DISINTEGRATE this morning and were told that there is no need for an expedited service call because there's not an active..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."