Update added by user Sep 20, 2012
Finally we have resolved the $99 service fee but of course our service is semi-out again.Our internet speed is clocking in at 4 mb and we are paying for the 18 mb service.
Hmmm-a service call didn\'t fix it.
I think the line to the house is bad but no one is willing to run a new line.Again-run fast and far from this company!
Update added by user Aug 20, 2012
This is the \"professional installation\" of Uverse in our home.It is on the floor of our son\'s bedroom upstairs.
We have been living with this mess for 2 years!The original technician was too lazy to install it in a logical place and no one will change it now.
Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2012
In July our uverse tv went out AGAIN (about the 6th time in 2 years).Three days later a technician came and replaced modem.
When he left we had no landline service or DVR capabilities. Don't worry AT&T, I dont mind paying a bizillion dollars for service that doesn't work! Three days later another tech shows up and is nothing short of rude. I seriously called my husband to get home because of this man.
I tried to explain to him how this problem started and he held his hand in my face and said he will fix it-clearly didn't want to know any information. Fine. Two modems and one new DVR box later he says he's finished. Now comes the kicker.
"Um I am going to say this job was cancelled when I came to your door so our service rating numbers wont be affected. Callbacks are bad for our scores. I fixed everything but as far as AT&T knows, turns out you didn't need us." Huh? Whatever, just get out of my house.
Well August bill comes and guess what? AT&T billed us for $99 repair for that day. Evidently he told them it wasn't an equipment issue to save the union rating. I am in dispute with AT&T now.
I advise anyone who has service calls to never let a technician pull this on them. The whole company is such a mess-we are in the process of dropping everything and taking our exhorbitant Uverse money elsewhere!
I truly have never dealt with such a horrible customer service company.If you are thinking of getting Uverse-RUN FAST AND FAR TO ANOTHER COMPANY!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I called the technician for a phone line trouble yesterday. They gave me a time frame to choose from so I picked 4-8pm today, then I received the confirmation text...."
- "I just received this “DEATH THREAT” from AT&T. I posted a article on my Face Book page entitled AT&T Sucks, 8 Reasons Why AT&T Sucks and immediately after posting it,..."
- "They may have a great product and I believe they do. However, their call center support is absolutely useless. Too many roads to navigate to get anywhere. ..."
- "Megan Reed scammed me into her photography scam (Megan Photographs) which has now culminated into a class action suit with plaintiff attorney Joanna Herman at Morrison and Foerster in Indianapolis...."
- "Tough to articulate....more than 20 months building a new house. Nicest guys that one might find in the building trades. In a nutshell, "over promised and under delivered"...."
- "Here is a youtube video I put together to warn others about hotwire.com. Their customer service is horrible! Although I used to book EVERY vacation hotel with them, I..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "Bought through Costco, $1400 on 9/25/14..... always some issue, rebooting all the time... Well, last Saturday 12/3/16, the NVR was making a grinding noise. I removed the cover and turned..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."