Aberdeen, North Carolina
Resolved

Update by user Oct 21, 2016

After speaking with the resolution department and getting nowhere, I filed a report with the BBB. I then received a call from someone from the Office of the President for AT&T who apologized but also said he could not do anything for me.

BBB then considered the case closed since they cannot force a company to resolve the issue. I then took my complaint to Facebook.

A Social Media Specialist reached out to me immediately and for the first time, someone actually tried to resolve this issue. While I did not get the full refund I wanted, we did meet in the middle and I agreed to her offer of a partial refund.

Original review posted by user Sep 21, 2016

A few months ago my boyfriend brought his broken phone to our local AT&T store to figure out what to do since it was insured. The representative told him we had an upgrade on our account and he can use that to get a new phone rather than wait the few days it would take for the insurance claim to replace the broken phone and that the payments for the new phone would replace the payments on the old phone (because you know, you can't just get a phone anymore through AT&T...you have to have a monthly installment plan to pay for the phone).

After two months of our bill being higher than usual, I finally called and found out we are paying for both phones....the new one and the broken one. Why would we have gotten a new phone if we knew we would have to continue paying for the old phone? And what exactly is the point of using an upgrade if you are still paying for both phones? We were extremely misinformed in the store and now we are stuck with the bill.

They won't even let us return the new phone and file the old phone through insurance like we wanted to do in the first place! This is how they treat someone who has been a customer for 15+ years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Cell Phone Upgrade.

ATT Cons: Misinformation, Failure to resolve issue.

Comments