Stamford, Connecticut

I am on the AT&T unlimited data plan and my data speed was throttled to .1Mbps with 6 days left to the billing cycle! Thy did this when my usage reached 2gigs a month!!!

That is only 2 gigabite in a month. When I called them, they told me that they can not help me. After asking to speak to someone else they said that whenever they get a call from the top 5 data user they get forwarded to "this department" to deal with us. No help was given and now my phone is useless.

This in essence puts a limit on the unlimited plan. I am done with this company, stay away from AT&T.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Plan.

Comments

8/5/13 I called ATT today to complain about my unlimited (joke) data plan. The rep was nice enough but that doesn't cut it anymore.

They talk about the 5% of heavy data users slowing up the system. However if you change your plan and buy 10 gigs for $150.00 per month the data will not slow down if you do not exceed the 10 gigs. It was explained yo me that the FCC ordered them to throttle down on the data speed after 3 gigs I'm not buying that excuse. It's all about the money and not the FCC.

I've been an ATT customer for over 9 years and spend $1200.00 per year with ATT but that does not matter to them either. My smartphone is pretty much useless half way through a billing cycle.

It's amazing that American consumers are ripped off on a daily basis. With so many politicians getting paid off by big corporations we have no chance.

@streetrayzed. I checked my usage and called.

They now throttle after 2gb. It used to be 5 but they changed that.

1st off they didnt stop you at 2gigs. now they will slow you down once you get to 5gigs.

but def not 2 i work for att in that dept.

I def dont agree on slowing you down at all you paid for unlimited. Thats not right.

2.1 gb at day 19 of my 31 day billing cycle and I am being throttled down to .12 mbps. This sucks.

My phone is practically useless since the majority of apps/services I use are web based (ie Dropbox, Evernote, Yelp, Maps, Spotify, etc). I am so upset, I really hope something comes out of this, I cannot deal with this every month. I hope either AT&T can put this to an end or even refund me a prorated amount of the 1/3 of the month I am not getting sufficient data that I am paying for.

If this keeps up it's the end for me. I'll even pay the contract termination fee just to get out and get on with Verizon.

Natasha

Hi-I'd be happy to assist with any questions or concerns that you have in regards to your wireless service. Please email me directly at attcatherinew@att.com referencing this post in the subject line.

Please include your account and contact information so that I may reach out.

I look forward to hearing from you, I am here Monday - Friday 9-6 CST. Catherine AT&T Social Media Manager

You should contact the ATTY General and file a complaint against ATT. I'm in the process of securing an attorney as this is deceptive trade practice. We unlimited users aren't even able to reach the 5gb mark that users on a LESSER data plan can reach without being penalized.

ATT Reviews