Modesto, California
1.3

I paid my bill in full and canceled my AT&T U-verse service last month. I asked the "customer representative" to cancel the service at the end of the billing cycle so I would have no further charges. He explained that the end of the billing cycle was 2 days before the end of the contract date and that I would owe $15 for breaking the contract early. I said in that case to shut off the service at the end of the contract.

This month I received a bill for $15. When I called for an explanation I was told that the charge was for using two days into the next billing cycle. I explained the facts above and was told that he could roll the cancellation date back to the billing date but then I would owe $15 for breaking the contract early or I could leave the cancellation where it is and pay $15 for being two days into the next billing cycle (I had actually stopped using the service and had even returned the equipment four days before the end of the billing cycle but was told that didn't matter).

When I asked why the billing cycle didn't align with the contract date he said the law allowed them to have the billing date within two days of the contract date. I asked if in his knowledge a customer’s billing date was ever two days past their contract end date so they wouldn't owe extra. He said he couldn't understand what I was asking even though I reworded the question a few different ways so I said that it sounded like a scam to make sure they would always get more money out of former customers even if they fulfilled their contract and paid their bill in full, in other words a "cancellation fee".

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Bundle.

Reason of review: Not Happy At All !!!!.

Comments