Cincinnati, Ohio

I have been an AT&T customer for 6 years. Recently upgraded 2 of my iPhones to the new iPhone 6 128 GB.

I ordered the phones on the Apple website. I tried to pre-order at the store but the sales clerk could not give me any information, so I just went ahead and ordered from Apple. To my surprise, when I received my new bill after the upgrade, I was being charged $25 extra for each line ($50 total). I called AT&T and they told me that due to my new 2 year contract I automatically ended my old promo offer and enrolled into a new plan.

There was no communication on the Apple website about any plan changes except the renewal of a new 2 year agreement. I called AT&T and they waived my $50 fee and told me I should be OK going forward. Received the 2nd bill and the charge was there again.

When I called and spoke to a supervisor she told me there is nothing they can do and I can just write a complaint letter to AT&T. This is the worst customer service I experienced and I will certainly move my service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

You either get a $25 monthly discount or you get a phone at a contract price. To keep the discount you need to purchase the phones on the NEXT plan.

I had the same issue, but lucky I was doing the upgrade at SAMs and they told me about the $25 a month extra charge. I called AT&T and explained I have been a customer since AT&T was GTE , 25 yrs ago they offered no help whatsoever, I am now shopping for a new provider.

ATT Reviews