I have been a customer for 10 years or better. I updated my daughters phone over a month ago and noticed one of my discounts on my family plan had disappeared.

I didn't change my plan and never had been penalized for getting a reduced phone rate under a 2 year contract. THAT HAS ALL CHANGED!. Now if you get a new phone under a 2 year contract you will lose the discount for that number. They are trying to force people to pay the phones out per month so they get more money so either way you are screwed.

Goodbye and good riddance! Prefer a company that is not out to screw the loyal customers that have been with them forever.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 05, 2015.

Comments

All of the phone companies have moved away from discounted phones contracts and toward installment plans. I know Verizon just got rid of them for new customers completely, and Tmobile got rid of them years ago.

While you didn't change your plan during the upgrade, you did switch to one of the mobile share value plans that came out in the last 2 years.

They've always been built with a discount that's lost upon a new 2yr agreement, but I can tell you that customer service was instructed not to disclose this unless they were specifically asked about it. Some major shadiness there.

Ultimately, depending on the phone you get and how long you keep it, the installment plans with the discounted plans usually wind up being slightly less expensinaive or about the same combined price as the old plans, but it lets the companies advertise lower prices, even if very few people will get them.

The lack of honesty and disclosure is pretty bad at the stores for all the major cell providers.

It's a mix of deliberatly misleading people and allowing known problems with a commision based system for employees slcontinue despite major known flaws. Unfortunately, this is pretty much equally true for all of the providers.