Yesterday I called ATT to inform them that they left open a wiring box on the street in front of my house. It's one of those iron boxes on the street that contains all the wiring that goes into our apartment building.
Some maintenance guy must have left it open. There are several issues with this:
- Currently it's raining, and the box is exposed
- anyone can mess up the wiring
- anyone can access all information going through the wires
Even though nothing is wrong with my own ATT services, I thought I'd be friendly and help ATT, so I called the customer service to inform them about their mistake.
- I wait on hold for a while (as always)
- I talk to the lady from customer service
- She gets a supervisor involved
- Long story short, after a while she tells me that I'm talking to the wrong department. If I could please call another phone number.
- I am pissed off and politely explain to her that I am calling to help, that this is ATT's issue.
- She again tells me to call the other phone nr
- I tell her this is quite rude, I'm just trying to help them out. I tell her it's ATT's responsibility to fix this, politely ask her if she can follow up, and end the conversation.
The wiring box has been unlocked and wide open for 4 consecutive days now. Let's see when they come fix it. I'll keep taking pictures of it and publishing them on facebook until they do.
Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Service.