ATT ignores a helping hand, exposes information

3446 of 4340 Att reviews

Yesterday I called ATT to inform them that they left open a wiring box on the street in front of my house. It's one of those iron boxes on the street that contains all the wiring that goes into our apartment building.

Some maintenance guy must have left it open. There are several issues with this:

- Currently it's raining, and the box is exposed

- anyone can mess up the wiring

- anyone can access all information going through the wires

Even though nothing is wrong with my own ATT services, I thought I'd be friendly and help ATT, so I called the customer service to inform them about their mistake.

- I wait on hold for a while (as always)

- I talk to the lady from customer service

- She gets a supervisor involved

- Long story short, after a while she tells me that I'm talking to the wrong department. If I could please call another phone number.

- I am pissed off and politely explain to her that I am calling to help, that this is ATT's issue.

- She again tells me to call the other phone nr

- I tell her this is quite rude, I'm just trying to help them out. I tell her it's ATT's responsibility to fix this, politely ask her if she can follow up, and end the conversation.

The wiring box has been unlocked and wide open for 4 consecutive days now. Let's see when they come fix it. I'll keep taking pictures of it and publishing them on facebook until they do.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3446 of 4340 Att reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
fixitplease

Oct 17, 2011 #360306

I've sent you an email Mike. Thanks for the follow up.

ATTCustomerCare

Oct 17, 2011 #360186

Hi Fixitplease, I'm with AT&T and would be happy to help you with this. Please email me at ATTMikeA@att.com with the address of this open box. Please include a callback number. Thank you. Mike A. AT&T Customer Care.

nikalseyn

Oct 16, 2011 #359776

Go to AT&T website and then to their "contact us" link and send them an email. Be very brief telling them what's up and where and asking them to forward this info to the proper people within AT&T. Also tell them you called their phone customer service and they basically told you they didn't really care. Then forget about it.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Att. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Att.
Filing a new complaint about
×