Southfield, Michigan

We rented a movie (Ex Machina; FYI, good movie, 4 out of 5 stars) using the ATT Uverse On Demand menu. The On Demand screen clearly displays a green banner at the bottom of the movie poster image that states, "2-Day Rental." We rented the movie on a Saturday night and I attempted to play the movie again the next day (Sunday) but the On Demand system indicated that I had to pay another $6 to see it again even though my attempt was clearly within the 2-day rental period.

I called ATT Uverse customer service to complain and spoke with an overseas operator who told me that the rental fee was only for one viewing. I politely yet firmly explained to her that the On Demand screen states that it was a 2-day rental. After a few minutes of calm conversation, me confirming the On Demand screen displayed "2-Day Rental,” and refusing to accept the "one-time viewing" bait-and-switch, the operator credited my account for the $6 rental fee. Either the operator was misinformed or ATT is changing the On Demand rental period without updating their screens.

In either case, it doesn't matter. What matters is that the customer receives what was advertised. I won't hesitate to pay for another 2-day rental but I will make a point of viewing, or at least accessing, the rental a few more times during the rental period just to keep ATT honest.

If this happens again I'll be sure to get a refund. There is no excuse for false advertising!

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Tv Service.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments