Round Lake, Illinois
2.9

On Sep 16, 2015, I went online and put together a package for Uverse internet TV and phone that came up to $145/month, no installation charges and a $400 gift certificate. The installation was on Sep 28 and it was a disaster (not blaming the install tech, just the process).

In any case, a portion of my service was working 24 hours later, I had internet and TV but the phone service was not working. They came out fix the phone and somehow cancelled my TV service, so now I had phone and internet but no TV. Finally, three days later I had all of my services working and logged on to ATT.com only to find that my new package was $192/month with a $100 gift card. Many hours on the phone or chat trying to fix this until one person admitted that it was ATT's mistake and said the only way to fix it is to cancel all of my services and re-instate my original plan (I had documentation for everything).

Unfortunately, despite the fact that I was looking a website offer that was identical to my original offer, they could not give me the $400 gift certificate, only $250. Pissed off but wanting this out of my life, I agreed. The 'fix' did not go well, I ended with no service for 2 days until a technician came in and I finally had all of my services again. Logged on and indeed I had my agreed to services for $145/month but was down for a $100 gift card.

I did not have time to deal with their inept customer service at that time as I was on an extended business trip. When I got back, I had a bill for over $500 that included two installation fees of $99 each for when THEY cancelled my phone and reinstated it twice on the original installation (all I wanted was the original package I signed up for on Sep 16). I have complaints in to ATT specialists to see how this will resolve but I will be filing complaints with the FTC at least in regard to the bait and switch on the gift cards.

I am not unhappy with the service per se, but if it were not for the cancellation fee, I would go to a different provider immediately. I will add receipts and additional information at a later time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Tv Package.

ATT Pros: Package.

ATT Cons: Did not honor the agreement, Offered 400 gift card provided 100 gift card, Bait and switch, Billed me for their mistakes, India customer service was inept.

• Att Billing Practices