My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair) and they blew the mic hole out to make sure that was not the problem, I returned the phone under warranty. The phone being roughly 6 months old was in perfect condition. I got the new phone and returned the broken phone and weeks later got the broken phone back in the mail. Opening the package was my phone now with a red arrow on the screen showing a tiny dent on the side that isn't visible unless you're really looking for it. Of course I returned the phone because of the sound problem not because of the tiny dent however AT&T claims the dent was there and no matter what else is wrong they can't warrant the phone so it was returned even though the problem was no way related!
My problem was that warranty should cover the operating capabilities of the phone, not the perfection! I'm sure that if my phone was rejected then AT&T replaces only a very small % of phones returned to them under warranty! If my new car's engine that was under warranty failed to work a dent in the car wouldn't void the warranty, the dent isn't the reason the car's engine failed!
I would have certainly taken the phone to an AT&T service place however it was 1 hour drive away and there was nothing wrong with my phone! I believe AT&T didn't want to replace the phone because of the cost and it was they who actually put the dent in the phone. They tell me they take pictures of the box and the phone when it's returned but they won't share the pictures with me and who is to say it's really my phone, pictures don't mean much! However check out how small the dent is in the phone they returned to me, it's tiny but enough for them to claim foul and hide behind their warranty statement instead of doing the right thing. So now AT&T is charging me $399 for the new phone I have and there's nothing else I can do! Absolutely horrible service!
I spend roughly 300 /month on AT&T and have for more than 10 years with great service so you would think someone at AT&T would care, but they've come to be just like everyone else!
My recommendation is don't use the warranty service unless your phone is pristine and even then you better have picture proof probably a video proof showing your phones ID. Take your phone to one of the very few Service Centers and work it out with them, the AT&T Warranty Program is a joke!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Program
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have spent over 2 hours trying to contact AT&T customer service today over an order I placed this morning. I made the mistake of wasting about 30 minutes..."
- "I agreed to a subscription of $51 a month for my internet at AT&T. It's been less than a year and they raised my subscription 4 TIMES. Now it's $103..."
- "Horrible installation of u-verse. They didn't even let us know when they were done. We let the dogs out this morning and found.this. They said it might cost US $145..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "he was dirty and poor. nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba nibba..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "I moved into a community shortly after Greystar acquired it, just a few weeks, actually. Since I have moved in, the quality of service and livability of this apartment complex..."
- "I ordered 6 items from FashionMia on January 11, 2016. After several weeks I received only 2 items. Fashionmia sent me an email stating that the other 4..."