My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair) and they blew the mic hole out to make sure that was not the problem, I returned the phone under warranty. The phone being roughly 6 months old was in perfect condition. I got the new phone and returned the broken phone and weeks later got the broken phone back in the mail. Opening the package was my phone now with a red arrow on the screen showing a tiny dent on the side that isn't visible unless you're really looking for it. Of course I returned the phone because of the sound problem not because of the tiny dent however AT&T claims the dent was there and no matter what else is wrong they can't warrant the phone so it was returned even though the problem was no way related!
My problem was that warranty should cover the operating capabilities of the phone, not the perfection! I'm sure that if my phone was rejected then AT&T replaces only a very small % of phones returned to them under warranty! If my new car's engine that was under warranty failed to work a dent in the car wouldn't void the warranty, the dent isn't the reason the car's engine failed!
I would have certainly taken the phone to an AT&T service place however it was 1 hour drive away and there was nothing wrong with my phone! I believe AT&T didn't want to replace the phone because of the cost and it was they who actually put the dent in the phone. They tell me they take pictures of the box and the phone when it's returned but they won't share the pictures with me and who is to say it's really my phone, pictures don't mean much! However check out how small the dent is in the phone they returned to me, it's tiny but enough for them to claim foul and hide behind their warranty statement instead of doing the right thing. So now AT&T is charging me $399 for the new phone I have and there's nothing else I can do! Absolutely horrible service!
I spend roughly 300 /month on AT&T and have for more than 10 years with great service so you would think someone at AT&T would care, but they've come to be just like everyone else!
My recommendation is don't use the warranty service unless your phone is pristine and even then you better have picture proof probably a video proof showing your phones ID. Take your phone to one of the very few Service Centers and work it out with them, the AT&T Warranty Program is a joke!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Program
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My ATT Uverse webmail works fine but why does it have to overload the page with advertisements? See screen shot below. I am already paying ATT a monthly..."
- "Horrible installation of u-verse. They didn't even let us know when they were done. We let the dogs out this morning and found.this. They said it might cost US $145..."
- "Terrible company! Terrible customer service. Phone and charger were fried over night (possible fire could have occured) and company refuses to replace phone. Switching to sprint as they cover..."
- "Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes..."
- "I have an issue with damage to my yard for over a month now. The issue happenned not even a month after i moved in. I have provided several emails..."
- "When I ordered from this Company, I was warned prior to purchasing the hair. A video on YouTube called HALO INDIAN HAIR SUCKS!!! warned me of this indian hair vendor...."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."