My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair) and they blew the mic hole out to make sure that was not the problem, I returned the phone under warranty. The phone being roughly 6 months old was in perfect condition. I got the new phone and returned the broken phone and weeks later got the broken phone back in the mail. Opening the package was my phone now with a red arrow on the screen showing a tiny dent on the side that isn't visible unless you're really looking for it. Of course I returned the phone because of the sound problem not because of the tiny dent however AT&T claims the dent was there and no matter what else is wrong they can't warrant the phone so it was returned even though the problem was no way related!
My problem was that warranty should cover the operating capabilities of the phone, not the perfection! I'm sure that if my phone was rejected then AT&T replaces only a very small % of phones returned to them under warranty! If my new car's engine that was under warranty failed to work a dent in the car wouldn't void the warranty, the dent isn't the reason the car's engine failed!
I would have certainly taken the phone to an AT&T service place however it was 1 hour drive away and there was nothing wrong with my phone! I believe AT&T didn't want to replace the phone because of the cost and it was they who actually put the dent in the phone. They tell me they take pictures of the box and the phone when it's returned but they won't share the pictures with me and who is to say it's really my phone, pictures don't mean much! However check out how small the dent is in the phone they returned to me, it's tiny but enough for them to claim foul and hide behind their warranty statement instead of doing the right thing. So now AT&T is charging me $399 for the new phone I have and there's nothing else I can do! Absolutely horrible service!
I spend roughly 300 /month on AT&T and have for more than 10 years with great service so you would think someone at AT&T would care, but they've come to be just like everyone else!
My recommendation is don't use the warranty service unless your phone is pristine and even then you better have picture proof probably a video proof showing your phones ID. Take your phone to one of the very few Service Centers and work it out with them, the AT&T Warranty Program is a joke!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Program
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "To say the least, I am extremely unsatisfied with the service of AT&T. Before going out of the country I was advised to purchase a minimal data plan after telling..."
- "In July our uverse tv went out AGAIN (about the 6th time in 2 years). Three days later a technician came and replaced modem. When he left we had..."
- "Received regular postal mail today, 08/14/2013. Letter dated: August 10, 2013. Return address for this mailing: AT&T Autopay Program ..."
- "BE AWARE!!!! I was trying to buy a Rolex watch Replica for my husband. The transaction was $175 but this people tried to take $190 out from my bank account...."
- "I bid on a pair of Oakley Sunglasses. Consider this: The "winner" who used "autobid" shows the following Quibids history: "vipjoe1" has bid $116,225 (at .60 per bid) and..."
- "Took delivery on the bike 3 days ago. Delivery guy arrived an hour & 30 minutes late, so it was dark outside. Didn't uncrate it with the delivery..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."
- "Im an insurance agent of 20 years due to anti-money laundering laws i'm required to take training on what to look out for and i'm sure these bank tellers take..."