Saint Paul, Minnesota

On 5/2/2011, ATT-U-verse took out $676.00 out of my checking account. I'm told that when I signed up for their service 2 years ago, I gave AT&T the authorization to take funds out of my account anytime they wanted if I did not return their equipment.

On 5/3/2011, I call their billing department asking why the amount was taken out of my account. After 25 min on hold, I talked to a Mrs. Souircs about the issue. She told me I am being charged this amount due to not returning their internet equipment.

I had explained to her that I called and talk to a reprehensive on April 20th. I explained that I moved out of state and I will return the equipment as quick as possible. The reprehensive gave me my disconnect number and told me where I can take the equipment. Mrs.

Souirc rudely responded by stating that I had enough time to return the equipment and even if I return the equipment today, I would get my money back. Moreover the reprehensive was chewing gum while she was talking to me. It made it harder for me to understand her and made me very upset. I asked if I could talk with another person.

She said that she was the only one that I could talk with. After I continually requested to talk with another person, she took my name and number and told me someone would call me back. I returned the equipment today, and I desperately want and need my money back in my account. I am not working and have 2 daughters to support.

I can't believe this company can take money out of my account without my verbal authorization and with out any notification. Please help

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Account.

Comments

John H
#282066

I had a similar problem with Verizon. Contact the FCC.

they have a complaint resolution division which you can reach on-line.

It takes awhile, but it does work. Good luck!

ATT Reviews