On Monday Aug 31 a tech was sent to my home to do a line inspection. He told my wife that the problem was my modem that was a Pace 5268 AC dual broadband modem.

Instead of doing his job to work on the lines that he was sent out to check. He told my wife that he had to change them modem and replace it with a downgraded model. The model installed was a Motorola BGW210-700 single band modem. I contacted ATT customer support and was given the run around for 3 and a half hours until finally getting to a supervisor.

The supervisor assured me that he was going to fix the issue and send out a new modem that was supposed to be the Pace 5268 AC dual broadband modem.On Wednesday Sep 2 the modem arrived. What he sent was the Motorola BGW210-700 downgrade. I called yet again and again got the run around until I was finally gotten to a supervisor that yet again assured me that they were going to fix the issue. They sent out another modem.

Friday Sept 4 that modem arrived and you guessed it they sent yet another BGW210-700. They also sent out another tech that had the correct modem the Pace 5268 AC dual broadband modem in his inventory. The tech calls to confirm the installation and i corrected him that it is not an installation but to drop-ship per the work order. Since he was not given permission to complete what he thought was an install he decided not to show up.

I call ATT yet again just to receive the same run around and supervisor assurances that this mater will be taken care of. Since Monday ATT has cost me $2000.00 dollars in lost wages because I could not preform my job with the modem that was installed. ATT refused to take responsibility for the blatant incompetence of their employees. Nor are they willing to compensate me for the lost wages.

The most they would do is reduce some of my bill that was no where close to what I had lost. And to add insult to this it was going to take 6 months for them to reduce the bill.

This company as a whole is incompetent that will not take responsibility for their actions. They do not care that they cost a customer of over 25 years the damage that they did because now I do not have the money I should have had to pay my bills this week or buy food for my family.

User's recommendation: Do not use ATT find a different provider.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: To recieve the correct modem the Pace 5268AC dual broadband modem and compensation for lost wages to the amount of 2000.00 dollars..

Comments