Verified Reviewer

I have been on the phone a total of 4 hours today trying to arrange a return for (2) WIFI Extenders that I purchased from AT&;T with the understanding that if they did not work that I could return them for full credit. The packing slip shows an activation date of 4/14/21.

I don't know how they could be activated because I did not actually take delivery of them until 4/17/21 and the service tech was scheduled for today (4/22/21) to install them. When he arrived, he said," these won't help you with your streaming needs because you only have 3MB of internet speed," I told him that I was aware of that and that I had told the sales rep at AT&T who sold them to me of that. The sales agent said they should help with the streaming capabilities of both televisions and that I could return them if they did not allow for streaming on a TV upstairs and another downstairs. Today...I have been told that AT& T can't issue me an RMA to return the units.

I have also been told that I could take them to an AT&T local store to return them. That did not prove to be true when I did so and the manager at that facility spent another hour and a half trying to get someone in AT&T customer service to provide assistance. I was also told that since I had taken delivery that they are mine and can't be returned at all. The manager at the Pekin, IL store spent another hour and a half trying to get someone in AT&T customer service to provide assistance.

The last word from them was that I should take the units to Goodwill and they would return them; of course, that is a lie as well. I am NOT GOING to pay for these units when I get the next invoice and I will be deducting any charges connected with these units. I am prepared to report this matter to the Better Business Bureau as well as the Attorney General of Illinois. This is now about more than money; this is about principals.

I have been with your company since 1959 and I have increasingly been more disappointed with the quality of your customer service dept. Update... I just finished my conversation with an AT&T agent in India - name Christian Badge ID # CL64D. He assured me that he had permission from his supervisor to mail me (snail mail) (2) separate RA forms so I could take them to UPS and return them.

I don't know why I need (2) labels; I received (2) units in 1 box from AT&T. I told him I was afraid that in the time it will take me to get the labels - could take 3-7 days that AT&T would then tell me that the deadline for returning the units was passed, etc. He assured me that this would not happen and that this would all be noted in his "notes". He like every other of 6 or more agents with AT&T is unable to send me an email confirmation, so I have no way to prove that he said this.

He was only able to give me the order # aka confirmation # for the labels. That number is 452987****A. In any case, I will be waiting for those labels. If I don't get them, who should I call to get a response?

I am requesting the name and address as well as an email address and phone number of an

AT&T person at a very high level so I can send a letter to address this issue. I will expect a prompt reply to this email.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Barbara Whittenburg bwhitten3616@***.net 4/22/21 309-6**-**85

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Deal.

Comments