I had been dealing with Direct TV/Att since November over the merge.It has been a nightmare.

I moved to a different home and Direct TV could not find a satellite. Therefore, I could not have Direct TV any longer. I was not going to be charged an early cancellation fee. After I returned all the equipment, I was to receive my $250.00 refund.

Meanwhile, ATT bought them out and combined my accounts-phone, internet and tv. They automatically "charged" my account the $250.00 fee. However, on the Direct TV side, my balance was zero. I kept getting late notices, messages, etc from ATT.

It was absolutely exhausting and irritating. I called, several times, to explain that I owed nothing and in fact was getting a refund. They refused to listen and always told me to contact Direct Tv. A vicious circle that would not end.

I finally talked with a very rude Supervisor who told me in no uncertain terms that unless I paid the outstanding balance of $289.00 (the 250.00 early cancellation fee plus my internet), all services would be turned off on that day - even though I had always paid my phone and internet 2 weeks ahead of their due date. She said that ATT had paid direct tv the $250.00 upfront "on my behalf", and that I now owed ATT that amount, and Direct TV would issue me the refund directly. I had no choice as she would not listen to anything I said. My "refund" was supposed to reach me in February.

However, when I called in February, they said it had to be "escalated" and it would be in March. I paid the amount out of savings account. Right after that, ATT contacted Direct TV and advised them to pay the refund, due me, directly to THEM as they had paid that amount upfront. When I received my ATT bill, it showed a $259.00 credit.

I called to ask why this was. I was advised that I had "overpaid and that amount would just be applied to my bill each month". I was LIVID!!! I called Direct TV and they had no recollection of anything, said the refund had been paid to ATT and had no other records.

This did not surprise me whatsoever considering the fact that when I called to have Direct TV installed the first time, they sent the technician to my old address in a different state - when I called to find out why he had not showed up and they read address - I asked why and how they got old address - they had no answer. This happened not once, not twice -but three times. Meanwhile, time is clicking by and I'm still out my $250.00. Yesterday, I contacted AT&T and tried to find out when THEY would be issuing my refund.

I got someone who could not speak english, who could not understand why I wanted a refund, then put me on hold to find out why, for 28 minutes and never came back to the phone. Today, March 16, 5 months after this happened, I got an accounts receivable representative, ID #QR472G, Laina, who not only spoke where I could understand her, she understood every single word I said, understood the situation perfectly, and sent the credit to the accounts payable department for them to issue a check. And advised me this would take about 3 business days. She did this in about 10 minutes.

She was REMARKABLE. She is also the very FIRST person I have dealt with since November 1, who took the time to listen, understand, and act. I am so very thankful for her. I highly recommend any problem you have regarding money, a refund, etc to go through her.

She will create action. I thank you so much, Ms. Laina.

This has been an absolute nightmare disaster!!!I am glad it is almost over.

3.3
Style and Design
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Att Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Att?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.