1.5

An AT&T sales agent knocked my door about 2-weeks ago and presented a good deal of AT&T Internet + DIRECTV bundle service, which could lower my monthly bundle service bill from Comcast.She said she would help me to get the refer discount after my service is activated, and also told me there would be 30-days trial period for both Internet and TV without early termination fee.

I believed what she told me without asking her to write down everything in the contract. Two days later, the AT&T Internet and DIRECTV services are installed. I called her and text her to try to get the refer discount setup, no answer. Calling AT&T support, I was told the refer discount was already expired in December 2016.

Trying to cancel the TV service without the promised monthly discount, was told I need to pay $480 early termination fee.I felt I was tricked to sign up AT&T services with false statement, and now I am trapped in two-year contract -- AT&T, is this your way to gain new customer?

Review about: Att Bundle.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with ATT?

Comments

AT&T uses a 3rd party company (Smart Circle and Cydcor) for their D2D salespeople. These generally are young people, ages 18-25 and they are paid only by commission. No sales equal no paycheck so you can see why she may have deliberately lied.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1285252

No, you are not trapped into a two year contract.Send them a letter, certified stating the whole situation and tell them to cancel your service for the reasons you stated.

Then, don't pay their bills. Also go to the FCC website, I believe it's FCC.GOV and file a complaint. Then, go to your state's website and locate the agency in charge of cable, phone, etc. companies at the state level.

File a complaint with them also.Do not pay for something you were lied about "under false pretenses."