On March 23, 2009 I went into The AT&T store location at 435 Market St, San Francisco. They had a promotion that if you purchased a 2 Wire modem you would receive a 79.99-dollar rebate through the mail covering the initial cost of the modem. IUpon the purchase of the modem the agent gave me a slip of paper to submit for a rebate. I was told to fill it out and send it in. I was not explained anything else just assured that I would receive the rebate. I filled out the paper work enclosed the receipt the store gave me and submitted it to the rewards center this was some time in April of 2009. In May I contacted the rewards department and was told they had not received anything and I should wait. This was after begin shuffled around several times to different departments given number to call that where either disconnected or not open during pacific time and each time having to restate my reason for calling and go through the same verification questions just to get transferred to someone ill-equipped to help. At the end of May I received correspondence for the reward center at AT&T and they told me I need to send them the sales slip the sku number from the modem from the box and the number of the modem. I went ahead and submitted this information through the mail. In mid June and again in early July I was again having the same issues trying to find out someone that new about his rebate and again ran into issues with the automated system and getting nowhere. I have spent at more than four hours on the phone with customer service and never got anywhere. On July 17 I went into the store in which I purchased the modem I again signed the list and waited until I could talk to the manger about the rebate. She told me she would take care of it and give a call. She was very nice and I felt as if I finally was speaking to someone that was going to resolve this issue. I got a call the next morning and was told to bring in the box and she would submit the paper work and get me my gift card. I said " Gift Card" was never told me I the rebate was issued in a gift card, small matter, but again a failure communicate that just added to me frustration. I brought the info into the store this time I refused to sign a list a wait I went up handed her the information and was again assured a call and that she would take care of it. On Tuesday the following week I went into the store to check and see if it was taken care of and the manger on duty told me that the manager in which I spoke to had been transferred to Hawaii and that at no time did she know what was talking about I told her about my frustration She left went to back keep me waiting for 20 minute and came out saying she did not find anything and asked me to hold on again while she tried to get it resolved

I told he I was not going to wait gave her my number and told her to call me. Later that day, She said that the former manager's plane had just landed and that she had spoke to her earlier and she would call me. I got no call. I went into the store Wednesday afternoon, I spoke to her she told me she needed three days. I told he I had waited long enough, I am irate at this point. She told me that she was corresponding via Email and that this is why it would take 3 more days. When the day before she told me she was in direct correspondence with the manger that was supposed to handle my claim. I assured her want this resolved or I will be bringing back the modem and canceling my service. I returned home contacted the rebate department was told that needed to submit all the same information ant that I would need a sales slip, the modem number on the back of the equipment, and the sku number form the box. I had already submitted this information and I fell it is about time for AT&T to compensate me.

This is a draft of a letter that if not resolved to my satisfaction will be submitted to the following : District and Regional Mangers for AT&T as well as the Better Buisness Burea , Consumer Reports, and any other agency that protects consumers should this not be resolved. I will also be submitting a copy to my attorney for review to recover lost wages, 79.99 for the rebate and an undisclosed about for my time and aggrrivation . I am also a person with a disbilted and fell I have bee unfairly treated having to make several trips to the store. I am writing to get this resolved and receive a resolution in a timely matter. I fell I have been discouraged form getting my rebate, that the company provided the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. I felt they could care less about losing another customer. I also want to state that he atmosphere of the store located on market street had several sales agents goofing of and playing around while I was talking to the manager, there was a total lack of professionalism and chaos that made it hard to even have a conversation with the management

Review about: Att Reward Card.

Had an Experience with ATT?

Comments

I was promised a $100 VISA card when I ordered DSL as a rebate on the gateway Modem.Now, 85 days later, they say I do not qualify.

I clarified it several times because before I ordered the modem because I could probably buy a modem online for less than half the $100.

They assured me, the $100 modem cost would be off set by a $100 VISA Card.ATT REBATE SCAM ATT SCAM ATTSCAM

#205319

I have been waiting for a $100 dollar American Express Gift Card rebate on my Att 2701 hg-b modem.Guess I will save myself some aggravation and cancel my internet service with ATT.

I Read and followed the requirements to the letter and it has been several months and nothing, I always carefully check all my mail and never just "toss" what I think may be junk without opening it.I hate to have to change my e-mail address but I am fed up with AT&T.

i cant find any rebate form. you promised me a hundred dollar rebate .the person i talked to said she would send me a form in mail.i have not received form.send me a form.

If a rip off can be done ATT has found ways to do it!

They have lied, cheated underperformed and failed to correct problems with my billing.

Also they change their home page on the average of once a month resulting in a virus in my computer.

The modems they send get so hot they are a fire hazzard.

There is nothing good about ATT , if you can [stay away from them]

They spy on your emails also.

ATT needs a Congressional investigation!

I'm enjoying these attacks against obvious consumer abuse. This kind of activity happens all the time. This consumer was dismissed in all accords so that AT&T can maintain a profit line by not delivering on rebates.

AT&T also gave me the phone shuffle when they promised a $70 monthly rate and then billed me at $88.

Eventually I had each "CSR Agent" sign their name and why they were transferring me every time they did. Eventually I had my own call log long enough to get some results with a retention manager when I attempted to cancel threatening just this legal action for "bait and switch" or at least false advertising.

:x

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #71885

with the form given to fill out clearly tell us what you need to send as with any reward need to be submitted to prove the purchase it as with any reward nothing can be issued if terms not followed you think they put bar codes on boxes for the extra ink this verifes your product form tells you too to keep copy i hope Att not fold to this strong arming

Has anyone noticed that after you supposedly get something resolved, another problem rears its ugly head with AT&T..?Plus, just try getting them to stand behind what they tell you when they supposedly fix it.

They won't send you anything (email, etc) confirming the problem was fixed (and later you WILL find out it wasn't fixed after all)... NOR will AT&T let you speak to the rep you had spoken too earlier (the person that claimed to fix it the first time) that said; “It’s all been taken care of”…. And am talking about those in the same department…

You will never talk to the same person… It’s rigged from the start… More and more are finding out and going to cable.

I did!And loving it!

rebate for dsl modem

What is wrong with this? So much I say so darn much.

first off San Fran. Normally that would be enough but nooooooo Did you READ what you filled out? Did you read the conditions to the rebate? Doubtful. Now you want to sue for a problem that you could have avoided in the first place?

WOW and people ask me why I live in Europe. Rude lazy arrogant people.