I've had AT&T Mobile Service for over 15 years. I recently dropped my phone in water and used the insurance (for the very first time) to obtain a replacement.

They sent me a refurbished phone that was broken (the touch screen would stop working and shut off). I reported it to AT&T and they sent me a new phone that appeared to be jailbroken, compromising my personal data. I reported it instantly. I had both phones at home while I waited for the new one to come in...

I got the new "refurbished" phone and sent the other two phones back.

I just received the one of the refurbished phones in the mail from AT&T (that I recently sent back) with a letter saying I owed $599.00 for the replacement phone because it was DAMAGED. Of course it was damaged, that's why I sent it back. I have spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T, also the time spent backing up and restoring my phone (3 times - corrupt backups caused me to lose data) and am on round 4 of a discussion with AT&T as to why I shouldn't be paying $599.00 for a broken refurbished phone they sent me.

I was on the phone for 2 hours, 4 transfers and then disconnected. Called back, re-explained the issue was transferred to the wrong department, called yet again and am still on the phone after 3 hours.

For the money you pay for the insurance, it isn't worth this type of hassle when something happens to your phone. My time is worth way more than this... Not worth it.

I will definitely be canceling my service after this experience. They lost a very loyal customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Cell Phone Replacement.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

The literature on the insurance plans they offer clearly state that water damage is not a covered issue. That's on you.

ATT Reviews