I had a go phone. I had a balance of $300 in minutes.

In 2016, a representative informed me that I did not have to keep buying minutes just to keep extending the life of minutes on plan. So I was told, all I had to do was call prior to minutes expiring next June 2017. Unfortunately the phone was stolen and I called AT&T that night because I did not want my minutes used. They had no problem.

They put a hold on the account and said whoever had phone, it was basically a paper weight. Useless. At that time she agreed to extend my minutes out for another year and when I hit a replacement phone and new SIM card to call back and they help set new phone up. Now here I am thinking everything was kosher, boy was I wrong.

In May 2018, I call to extend minutes and let them know I have replacement phone but no SIM card. I found out that # is no longer valid, and in July 2017, AT&T closed the account. No hello, no contact, no kiss my butt, nothing. I remind you that in 2017, they had all my contact info, since the phone # was on hold.

I called customer service, on hold for better part of 2 hours. No resolution. Filed complaint with BBB. Finally got call from representative in California office on 5/23/18.

She was sympathetic but deal. My balance was gone and I was SOL. WE ARGUED for 3 to 5 minutes. Eventually hanging up.

I have to say I’m surprised. That a major corporation like AT&T can do this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments