Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

3.0

Two months ago I filed a claim due to my phone screen being cracked. After receiving the new phone, I immediately sent the old phone back through the prepaid box.

The issue was that Asurion and AT and T could not figure out why the phone had not been properly tracked through their systems and I received an "unreturned equipment" fee on my bill. I spent hours trying to resolve the issue and did not reach a resolution because both companies were blaming each other for the mistake while I had the $650 charge on my bill. A case was finally opened up almost 2 months later but I was told that I could not be "compensated" for the amount of time that I lost dealing with this. I'd prefer not to highlight an issue like this since I have been with A T and T for at least 15 years but seeing them point the finger at me and blame another company for the issue was disheartening.

I pay AT and T monthly, not Asurion, for my services but they told me to address the matter to Asurion as they could not do anything about it.

Also, when speaking to representatives, be aware that the representative will not put all of the relevant information into the notes which could cause you to have to relay all of the information again in future conversations.

Long story short, everyone should keep these companies fighting for your business by swapping companies and taking advantage of whatever deals they are offering. Loyalty means nothing to corporations; only money.

User's recommendation: Make sure you make note of all the details of your phone claim including the RMA number and the return tracking label.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Claim.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

ATT Pros: At&t works respectably well in many areas.

ATT Cons: Phone claim process is not smooth.

Location: West Palm Beach, Florida