State: Illinois City: Chicago Product: Att Switch To Att Deal Clear all filters (1 of 13 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

ATT in Chicago, Illinois - AT&T misleading plan changes affecting new customer discounts

Worst service ever! I was told when I got my phones ported from Verizon wireless after being a customer that I would receive $300 credit for each phone I ported to ATT. With that incentive I decided to give ATT a try considering I was expecting $600 (2 lines). Considering this is a large credit I contacted ATT several times to check when it would be hitting my account. One of the representatives told me that you do not need to be on the Unlimited plan to receive the credit. My wife and I did not need more than 5gb of data per month so I reduced my plan about 2 months in from the Unlimited plan to the 5gb plan. This literally saved only $30-$40 per month not a considerable amount but worth taking action and with ATT's word that this change will have no impact on my $600 credit I have been waiting on. So I switched and to the 5gb plan and contacted a month later to check on my credits. Again saying they will be coming and should hit your next bill cycle. Well I waited for another month nearly 4 months in and called ATT again. This time after about 1 1/2 hours on the phone I was told sorry you do not qualify. You needed to be on the unlimited plan for 3 months. I told my story and even said don't you have records or my phone call conversation recorded showing I was told changing my plan would have no impact on these credits? They told me we do not record all phone call conversations and do not have a record. They took a while and finally said sorry we can't do anything you did not meet the 3 months criteria on the unlimited plan. I was livid considering they were the ones that told me I did not need to keep the unlimited plan to receive the credit. Had I been told you need to do so I would gladly pay $30-$40 more for a $600 return!! This is crazy I am planning on changing back to Verizon where I should have stayed... My wife was right!
Review