Verified Reviewer

Att was pushing a promotion for buy one apple XR iPhone and get the second one free. I signed up to pay $25 installment for the price of the purchase of the one phone for 30 months.

My phone bill was pretty high and I asked if I could get under a less expensive price for both lines. Att said I must pay the remaining balance for the one phone that I was paying $25 a month for 30 months. I called Att made appointment to pay the phone balance off so I could get on a prepaid account for the phone and the free phone. They told me that I have to pay for the free phone balance also before they could set me up for a prepaid account for both phones.

I was frustrated over their approach at trying to deter me from trying to get a more reasonable plan. I was never informed that I would be made to pay for the so called free phone. They told me that the only way you were entitled to a free phone was to remain under a 30 month contract and they were sticking me with a $175 month phone bill for both lines and included the $25 a month installment on the purchase of the one phone. I asked them why are you making me pay for the free phone?

They said because you are breaking the agreement. I was never informed of such an agreement referencing the payment of a promotion for a free phone with the purchase of the one phone. I was made to pay the same remaining balance amount for the free phone before they would set me up on an affordable prepaid account for both the phones. They also told me that I will need to pay one more big bill next month and also the prepaid bill next month.

I will eventually get new service and it will not be ATT.

The promotional sell was not upfront and failed to mention that the free phone had stipulation that would need to be met. This was a very sneaky promotional sell and buyers need to be aware.

User's recommendation: Buyers be aware of promotional deals for buy one phone and get the second one for free at ATT.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments