Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 25, 2021

I don't know why these complaints were marked "Resolved" as they have NOT been resolved.

Original review updated by user Jan 25, 2021

I've put up with ATT for 6 years - my own fault because I hate changing carriers. I dealt with it by never contacting them unless I absolutely had to, never signing into their website after being lied to and treated rudely by their "customer service." But today is the end.

My phone died, I tried to order a new phone via the website and of course that wasn't nearly as simple as it should have been. They wanted to send some code to my DEAD CELL PHONE. No option to change the number to my daughter's so I could get the code, no option to have the code sent to my email - nothing. I tried contacting them via their "chat" option and of course that wasn't working.

I ended up contacting them via Facebook messenger. They had me wait all morning long and then when I finally sent a message asking why they had me waiting they send a message telling me to go to an ATT store. I am at work, I have an ill 89 year old mother and I care for an 18 month old baby - I cannot just go to a store and I CANNOT be without a phone. The "customer service" rep basically told me oh well, sorry.

I told her I'm definitely changing carriers now and her response was again oh well, sorry, with a "have a blessed day" added. They have screwed me over so many times in the past - charging me the full price for an upgraded phone even though it was supposed to go onto my monthly account, and giving me the choice of either paying the $800 (right before Christmas) or having no service. They sent me the wrong SIM card four times - I finally gave up on that. I've been lied to by reps, with a chat transcript to prove it, and they've not cared.

And now - no appreciation for the fact that I've been a customer for so long, I pay on time, have purchased phones from them, nothing. Reading over other complaints I see they have many, many same/similar complaints and are basically allowed to just treat customers however they want. They are not honest, they are not accomodating, they treat their customers like they're disposable.

I have a serious emergency today and they've just screwed me over, as usual. I'll purchase a phone on Amazon and will never, ever again make myself deal with ATT again.

User's recommendation: Stay away from AT&T.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

ATT Pros: Prices were good when i first signed up six years ago.

ATT Cons: Incompetent service reps, Dishonest service reps, Chat option never works, Refusal to help during an emergency when my phone died, Rude responses to an emergency situation.

Comments