1K views
2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I joined AT&T March of 2016 and has been awful service since. I was told by the store rep that AT&T would pay my last Verizon bill so I can easily transition from Verizon to AT&T.

Received a promotion card of $370.00 for trading in my phone and a few weeks after that, received a rebate of $255.00 to pay my Verizon Bill. No one told me I would get less than market value for a brand new iPhone 6s and only $255.00 to pay my Verizon bill that was over $600.00. If I would've known that I wouldn't have switched.

But of course I was lied too by the store reps. I communicated with many supervisors who provided me credits but it doesn't help with paying for two devices now that I don't even own.

adam_vancuren2016 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Att. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $62400 and wants Att to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was billing practices, being told one thing, ignorance in business and entire company. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Att and att switch to att deal for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Yes, this program is such a scam. There should be a class action lawsuit.

They told me in the store that the program would pay off my phone and my lease. After I uploaded my documents they said they are invalid because it does not say EIP.

It is clear on the bill from T Mobile that the costs are for a phone. AT&T is as awful as everyone says they are.

Do not switch to Att , you will end up having to pay out of pocket to your previous cell phone provider.

Maumelle, Arkansas, United States #1320826

I had a six month old iPhone six and my refund was $220 and there is no customer service contact information. This is FRAUD!!

Hesperia, California, United States #1305157

After waiting 4 months for any rebate I receive a letter telling me that I didn't qualify because "We do not have a trade in record for your old phone". Mean while my $1200 Verizon bill is in collections.

DON'T SWITCH TO ATT!!! The service is awful to boot.

to Anonymous #1357553

Had the same experience. Can you email me?

I never recieved my reimbursement at all!! Lucky you got anything at all and now I am paying for both of my bogo phones because they said the phones were supposed to be the iPhone 6s not the iPhone 6... I went to the store to do the trade in and they gave me the phones and lied and said they were the bogo phones!

deepaknarasimham1
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States #1290196

Filing Class Action Lawsuit Against AT&T

Hello all, I too have been scammed by AT&T. I am wondering if anyone on this board would be willing to file some kind of class action lawsuit against AT&T for misleading advertising practices. I'd be happy to help anyway I can.

to Anonymous Jamestown, New York, United States #1303829

I'm willing too...they did the same to me... email mariahmister@hotmail.com

to Anonymous Bertram, Texas, United States #1314566

I still have not received money from program and have spent hours dealing with idiots..I am ready to sue as well..

to Anonymous #1367478

I'd be willing to participate in lawsuit as well Raymondtuggleii@outlook.com

to Raymond Tuggle 2 #1492349

Count me in. Dangmz1@gmail.com

to Anonymous Elk Grove, California, United States #1348718

i am in for a suit. i did get payment after waiting 8 months and making many hours of phone calls. But, payment is with a debit card that was refused when i tried to use it to purchase an I Pad.

i am really angry that a huge multinational company takes advantage of an individual to get me to migrate my service to them.

to Anonymous #1450929

I am willing to participate in a law suit as well. The same thing happened to me and i am forced to contact them weekly for the same issue.

I was promised the 650 and i have the chat to prove it, but they won't honor it. Please reach out, i am in on this devonreneem@gmail.com

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1233749

We are experiencing the same situation switched from sprint in July and submitted paperwork as well as the telephone, the rep at Best Buy made it seem as though the transition would be very simple and easy nothing has been easy my bill has almost doubled and had I known I would be sent to collections by sprint due to att not following through on what was promised.

Very frustrated

Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States #1202799

Well, you got off easy. I switched the middle of May and was told that I would receive $650/trade in less the value of the trade in.

My trade ins were about $150 each. I had four trade ins and was told I would get around $2,000. He told me I could use this pay my early termination fees with CSpire (my last carrier), and I could use whatever was left over from that to pay my monthly bills with AT&T. I had a $1,325 termination bill from CSpire.

I got $300 from AT&T!! I'm currently trying to negotiate with them, but I went back to the AT&T Store today and recorded my conversation with the AT&T Rep who sold me on the plan originally. He stated that I should get back $650 less my trade in value for each home. The switcher program is run by a third party.

They have been given a different set of rules and guidelines than the AT&T Employees. This is an intentional act to defraud the public.

I have recordings and documentation.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1192820

I'm very upset about my switch which took place 02/2016, I have not yet to receive my rebate for 4 phones in which belongs to T-mobile who is now suing me for there equipment that I sent to At&t, I've called over 25 times in regards to my switch, this has been the most alarming program I've ever encountered. This is terrible, I'm in the process of suing AT&T.

San Angelo, Texas, United States #1180790

I agree that this is extremely misleading! My husband got his rebate within 3 weeks minus what at&t gave us for his old phone.

That was not revealed to us at the time we switched. That was in March. I have yet to receive my rebate for switching and it is July!

Now the contractor who is running the rebate program, Young America, says at&t lost my old phone!!! So, yes, we have been screwd it seems!

I also switched to AT&T and got lied on the amount that we would receive. And I made a complaint with the BBB better business bureau.

Hope I can at least get what I owe my previous cell phone provider. AT&T really needs stop lying to the customers or train there employees right.

I did the same thing and still haven't received anything from AT&T ! They have given me the run around about the switch over > AT&T absolutely SUCKS