2.0
Coverage Area

After having our service with Verizon Wireless for over 10 years, we made the decision to switch to AT&T in February 2016. We brought 4 lines over under the AT&T Next purchase plan. I am also a long-time DirecTV customer and found the offer of unlimited data coupled with the buy one, get one free iPhone promotion very attractive. When I switched I was also told I was entitled to have up to $650 per line of credits/reimbursements to cover any early termination fees I would have to pay to Verizon.

I completed my transaction over the phone and my new phones were shipped to me in February. There were NO instructions as to how I was to submit the information needed to receive a reimbursement for the early termination fees I paid for two of the lines I brought over for a total of $415.00. It took me about two months of phone calls to various numbers I was provided by various representatives of AT&T to finally find one representative who could share the link to the website for me to submit the necessary final bills from Verizon. I completed the submission on April 19th.

I received a confirmation email shortly after submitting the paperwork stating that it would take 8 to 10 weeks to process. At the end of 10 weeks, I called to find out what the status of my claim was. I was told that it would take 12 weeks and that it was “clearly stated” on the website – simply not true at the time I submitted my claim. Since I’m was never notified about any delays, I was extremely displeased in the response I received. The folks I spoke with told me that the response to the $650 campaign was so overwhelming that it was causing additional processing time. I asked to speak with a manager who offered no further ability to expedite my claim and was very un-sympathetic to my situation.

On Thursday July 21st, 13 ½ weeks after I submitted my claim, I received notices indicating my claim was denied as there was no record of a trade-in on file for me. I was never told by anyone during the initial enrollment or afterwards that I needed to trade in a phone.

After contacting customer service who directed me to a store, I went to the store - where the manager simply took my information and "escalated" the switcher program vendor. I was then asked two days later to bring in my old phones to trade them in. Keep in mind I was not told previously that the trade was required. I went back to the store to trade them in. I then waited 2 more business days and have now been asked to resubmit my last Verizon bill. So now I get to redo all of this. So 15 weeks after submitting for my reimbursement and 6 months after switching to AT&T, I'm still waiting for my $415.00. I'm seriously considering going back to Verizon, just to deprive AT&T from earning another red cent from me.

This person wrote the review because of not as described at Att. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $615 and wants Att to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Att and att switch to att deal for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments