I had an appointment for technical service for my internet service on 12/29/21 between 8 a.m. and noon.

At 11 a.m. I got a text message saying the tech was "running late" and it was unlikely they would be there by noon. I was given the option of waiting or changing my appointment. I chose to wait, since I had already stayed home from work.

At 1:30 p.m. I called customer service and was told that the service ticket had NOT EVEN been assigned to a technician yet. The customer service person, who was very nice, said there would be a good chance that the technician would still make it out to my house that day. The customer service person put in a request that someone call me regarding the late appointment.

At 2:31 I received a call from AT&T with a person with a very heavy accent, I had trouble understanding him. He said the technician would be late and asked if I wanted to wait or reschedule. This person was close to being rude, and displayed no empathy toward my situation. I told him I would wait, still hoping a technician would make it to my house.

No such luck. At 3:24 p.m. I called again and spoke to a woman, very nice this time, who worked on my issue and told me that AT&T was calling a technician from another area, and that they should be calling me at any time. NO SUCH LUCK.

At 5:04 p.m., I again called AT&T customer service and spoke with a man who said he had escalated the problem, and that the next available technician would be contacting me. I was concerned, it was dark outside, how could they work on outside wiring? The customer service agent told me the technicians worked for another 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I asked what would happen if no one was able to get to my house.

The customer service agent stated that AT&T would contact me if they could not get to my home that day. Need I say it? NO SUCH LUCK. Finally, at 8:53 p.m.

I again contacted AT&T customer service. The girl that I got on the line had problems looking up my record. She attempted to reschedule my appointment, and told me I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK!!! WTF??

They had totally wasted my day, told me at least 2 times that I was "next on the list", and told me that I would be contacted by AT&T. LIES. I actually made it to a Supervisor, who was very practiced at giving apologies and excuses, but could DO NOTHING about expediting my appointment. So I had to wait all day, the technician NEVER came, they DID NOT call me as they stated they would, and then I had to WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK for another appointment!!

What kind of "customer service" is that. A company as huge as AT&T should damn well have a better system for maintaining appointments for customers. A company as huge and expensive as AT&T should understand the concept of honoring appointments and being honest to customers. IT SEEMS NOT.

They take your money and treat you like a pest.

Needless to say I am looking for other services. I am also posting/writing wherever I can about this debacle.

User's recommendation: Find another company.

Location: Salinas, California