State: Texas City: Allen Product: Att U-verse Bundle Clear all filters (1 of 76 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

ATT. 'ZERO BARS' IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMON SENSE

2.4
What is the protocol for verifying an order prior to canceling for 'supicious fraud'!? Yesterday, I spent 3 hours logged in my AT&T account, in a chat session with 'Rebecca', AND had verbally verified my identity over the phone during a phone call, just to port over my 2 step-kids' numbers from Verizon, purchase 2 phones and add 2 smart watches to my existing AT&T account. I am the account holder. I called from my AT&T cellphone, logged on from my home computer IP (on my home Uverse internet), received emails from AT&T to my email address on file during the chat session, and used my personal credit card to place the order. Why did this take so long to begin with? I have no idea!! The phones were BOGO free but wouldn't reflect that in the cart, same for the watches. When Rebecca (chat rep) and I finally got that fixed, and I was submitting payment and finalizing the order, the AT&T website had a 'technical error' and I had to start over from the beginning. And all this time, the online chat rep was apologizing and patiently guiding me through the process. Finally, we got the order to go through. Today I received an email stating that AT&T couldn't verify my identity, and the order was cancelled. Just like that! No text, no email, no phone call stating there was suspicious activity on the account and I needed to contact AT&T to verify the transactions-before canceling the order I spent hours on completing yesterday. I REFUSE TO WASTE ANOTHER 3 HOURS! And to top it off, AT&T agent I just spoke with after reading the cancellation email tonight was very rude and said I was committing fraud by using someone's identity and there was nothing I could do to prove otherwise. I've had this same account with AT&T for almost 15 years. Transferring my $800/mth TV, internet, and phone service to Verizon is looking better and better.
Review
Service
Att U-verse Bundle
Cons
  • Poor judgement
  • Poor website reliability
  • Too long to place order
Reason of review
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags