I ordered an AT&T Internet/DirecTV bundle on December 13, 2013. Three-and-a-half months later, approximately 60 hours and one Internet disconnection without notice after being told that my account was "protected" by someone in the "Office of the President," I am worse off than I was to begin with. After an absolute nightmare (funny how that word recurs when you Google AT&T) of installation, it took two months and one week to get the account bundled, and now it has been done at the wrong price.

The "Office of the President" seems to have a lot of managers, but they are just as inept and powerless as the bottom level employees, and it seems that if they can't/won't solve your issue, then they simply ignore you. (Example: Eric Watts, 877-404-2417)

My advise to anyone with a customer service with AT&T: Give up before you have 60 hours and three and a half months of your life invested. You cannot win. This is not a case of the customer is always right, even if they are. This is not a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. This is a case of the squeaky wheel gets disconnected, apparently if you squeak loudly enough to irritate them. (Right, Kelly ?, Office of the President)

It does no good to threaten to go the BBB or FTC. They hear this daily, apparently. Blog about it? They're out there. Write a book? That's been done too.

I have been told that I am one stubborn woman. I am persistent, I'll admit that, and I have a problem with unfairness. And I've been very sick and on steroids with a classic case of "roid rage," but let me tell you, no amount of sugar coating OR screaming gets through to them. They don't CARE if their company loses a customer.

It does NO good to go to go up the ladder, because they won't be straight with you who supervisors are. I am beginning to believe, as others have written, that this "Office of the President" is just another call center, this one manned by unfortunate young employees who are just as used and abused as the customers.

Social media personnel only know how to apologize and the "customer care" address is a joke, although most of the time I have typed it I have been crying rather than laughing.

I can't say how many times I've called or e-mailed to fix this "once and for all," and that concept is also laughable. Each contact just takes me deeper and deeper into the quagmire that is AT&T.

Just give up. You can't win, and this is written by someone who NEVER gives up, especially when she is 100% right. I work from home, and I have no other Internet service available, so I'm basically their prisoner, and if I'd realized AT&T prisoners have no rights, I'd have given in and given up from the beginning instead of taking the beating I have from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Bundle.

Comments

just another at&t nightmare! gave up on them years ago not that the other guys are any better they all basically suck one maybe more then the other but they all in the end suck. when you can not get to anyone that can actually do anything to help red tape red tape red tape

ATT Reviews