1.8
Coverage Area

I was a mobile service customer with AT&T for 15 years and blame myself for staying with them for so long. My primary complaint was their exorbitant prices.

When I cancelled I was paying $134/ month for one line.

The final straw began when I received an email from AT&T to let me know my $1,100 iPhone X would be shipped. I did not order a new phone. I contacted them and they told me that someone had ordered the phone on my account and they would cancel the order and flag my account for suspicious activity. I wasn’t happy but obviously agreed.

One week later I got another email informing me that my new iPhone X had just been shipped (to a different address and individual than the first). When I contacted customer service this time they again aplogized and asked if I had added a new line to my account. I told them absolutely not. They had added a new line and shipped a new phone to someone on the other side of the country.

All this after my account was supposedly “flagged” for suspicious/fraudulent activity.

The absolute final straw came when I asked if changing my cell number might stop this activity. They said possibly but it definitely couldn’t hurt. Knowing this would be a hassle I went ahead and decided to change my number. Then they told me it would cost me $36!

After I complained to a supervisor they agreed to reduce that charge to $18. A loyal 15+ year customer and they were going to charge me for their mistake.

That was the end of my relationship with AT&T. Changed to another carrier for less than half what I was paying and actually have better coverage, way better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments