Edmond, Oklahoma

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience with the recent holiday savings event held at Sam's Club on Nov 14th. I wanted to buy an iPhone 6s 64 GB, which comes with a $250 Sam's club Gift Card as a part of the promotion. I woke up at 5 AM on Nov 14th Saturday, and was standing in the line outside Sam's Club at 71st Memorial, Tulsa. It was almost 35 degrees at that time and my excitement to buy the phone kept me motivated to withstand the cold. When finally the doors opened at 7 AM, I got an appointment for 8 AM to get the phone. I was waiting at the store, and it took about 3 hrs, when i could finally get to the counter. There were only 2 sales reps handling the phone sales, which took them a lot of time to get through the appointments.

So finally, when I got through to the counter and when they took my details to check for upgrade eligibility, the system showed that I was only eligible for "2 year service contract only". It did not allow me to get the AT&T Next plan. I had 3 lines open for upgrade in my account, and none of them were open for AT&T next. The reps said they could do nothing about it. I went to a nearby AT&T store, immediately to check the upgrade status, and they said I was eligible for AT&T Next plan upgrade.

I was so confused, as AT&T said I was eligible for AT&T Next plan. But the system at Sam's club said I could only do the 2 year contract plan. I drove 120 miles to Oklahoma City Sam's Club store, took an appointment again for the next day and went to Sam's club again on Sunday Nov 15th at OKC Store. The same story repeated again.

The bottom line is that I wasted my entire weekend on this holiday savings event, and I could not get anything out of it even though I had the eligibility. I talked for several hours with the AT&T customer service, and some of them expressed that my account being registered for AT&T Unified Billing, might be the reason why the upgrade for AT&T Next plan is not showing up for third party systems. i don't completely understand the reason, but I am totally frustrated by the way the AT&T upgrade system worked with the 3rd party stores like Sam's Club.

Product or Service Mentioned: Att Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Upgrade Issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Before March 8th, I had a wireless account with tablet that I paid 185.00 a month for. March 8th, I was scheduled to combine this to one bill with Uverse and also Internet with the unlimited wireless.

My bills weren't combined and the deal isn't even the amount they stated. Its outrageous.

I've been with ATT for 4 years and have not been so upset with them until now. Call this number, call that number and no answers.

They don't care! However customers like us should confine to warm others.

They are greedy, and unreliable!

I get dropped calls with them too. They lie about everything!

ATT Reviews