Little Rock, Arkansas
1.7K views 25 comments

My daughters received go phones for emergencies after my husband passed away.We put money on the phones as needed, but because they- Vesta screwed up I am being charged 4 times what I should be.

Related: Att - AT&T scammers

They went into my bank account and took out for 4 times what they should have. Then when I ttry to call I either get run around and transfered back and forth to some body that doesn't know what the *** they're talking about.

I just want to say I am a widow now for three months, & these phones were supppose to be for emergencies with my daughters, living on social security, I can't afford to have dim wits making costly mistakes, & me having to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Att Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Att?

Comments

#1031946

I was charged on Vesta At&t today.for 50 dollars

didn't have my card with me at all and I come back home tonight to look at my account to pay bills and I gotten this charged on my phone.

I call and they tell me I have a go phone. I asked them what is the number on the go phone and they only tell me they can tell me the area code and the last four numbers. So I write the numbers down and my question to him is that the area code you gave me was 304 and that is not the area code I live in. Why am I being charged for a phone that is not even in my area.

And he said I authorized it. Really, how can I authorize it when I didn't even have my credit card with me are anyone calling me to authorize this transaction. This is Bull sh_t and this shouldn't have happened. Now I am fighting to get my 50 dollars back and they said they might put it back into my account in 15 days.

Sh_t 15 days from now is the 24th. So I have to go without paying one bill until then to supply someones freakin to go phone. This is none since and I wish I knew who did this bull sh_t to my card.

check all your cards please because you might have something you don't even know about.

terri

NATALJA SCEGOLEVA - WARNING!- Stay away from this crazy ***.

She is a liar and cheater! She tricks people for money and makes up lies to get sympathy from people! SHE CAN NOT BE TRUSTED, in any shape or form. She is a horrible human being and a real nasty evil piece of work.

She acts all sweet and innocent to trick you but its all part of her plan to manipulate. EVIL!

- STAY AWAY!Dont be fooled!

Tamara

new update nvm mind me being mad at them a girl I work with stole my idenity apparently.

Tamara

I do no have a go phone and have never had a go phone and I am being charged by vesta AT&T on my bank account!I have been on the phone for way over 3 hours and have been passed around I dont know how many times and just got someone that knows what the *** they are talking about!

Ive been hung up on twice and spent most the time on hold. Originally they told me they couldnt help me unless I had my account number for the account I dont have!

Now I have transfered to fraud or somewhere.This is complete BS!!!!

dromano1166

:( Vesta employee...NO your wrong they triple charged my account and there was never any payment denied!Also...they do not have anything in the terms and conditions about pre-authourized charges" and why 3-times the original amount are you kidding me? Thats called stealing!

sonebezi
#132085

I have used this technique to great success to battle big business that has tried to screw me out of money.

1. Get the address of their legal dept. (call customer service but do not discuss why you want it - remember they have failed to help you by now)

2. Write a letter with the heading "notice before lawsuit" explaining all the problems you have encountered, be specific. Explain that you would rather have a judge make a decision on your complaint.

3. Give them 14 days to respond and correct the problem explaining that you will file the lawsuit in small claims court on the 15th day if you receive no response or they refuse to satisfy your demand.

4. Mail the letter certified with proof of delivery.

They know it is very simple for you to file and go to small claims court but it would be expensive for them to send someone to represent them. Is this a bluff on your part? Sort of. You really don't want to file although you can do it very inexpensively. You simply want your money back or whatever your situation is. Do they want to call your bluff? Probably not and this why I have done this several times and ALWAYS SUCCEEDED!

Remember, this will work only if you have a valid complaint and you have truly been treated unfair by the company.

Should they still refuse, go ahead with your lawsuit. Check the web for easy tips to win in small claims court. GOOD LUCK.

...

HOW TO WIN!
#132084

4. Mail the letter certified with proof of delivery.

#91935

Let's see, if the process all these phone co payments and say it's 25 million people and they add false billing charges of $25- $100 and multiple times on some, how much money is this in their pockets? Another large co who praise themselves in public and in their employee manual when their motto really is "treat the customer and employee like *** and take all you can take." Brilliant business model.

#91932

What do you say I file for a class action status law suit?

#91926

I cancelled the auto bill to my cc plan and now I pay directly to an atm like machine at an AT&T store.There, you save the 2.56 taxes on each $25 payment which adds up every 3 months on our 2 phones used just for emergencies.

Now, I an going through a year's credit card statements and they charged me $27.56 once AFTER I cancelled the auto plan. AND on pay as you go online, it shows my two $25 payments and time credits at the AT&T store, BUT NOT the $27.56 charge near the same date! So this is clearly fraud and a charge without approval or service.

They should go to jail for this as anyone else would be charged with a crime.

1) go to vesta 2) go to my cc co and file a chargeback 3) go to my state's attorney general 4) go to the investigative news outlets 5) go to church and pray.This is the new AT&T rebuilt after the old one was broken up, beautiful.