Certain Information has been physically ****'d out, you can understand why as you read.

Here's a conversation between myself and ATT Online Chat. You may decide for yourself who's behind the box.

...

AT&T product specialists are happy to assist you with your questions. Click below to begin your live text chat.

Chat representatives will not have access to your personal account. This service is provided to you under AT&Ts Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Hello and welcome to AT&T, my name is Macy G.. I specialize in setting up new phone service, Internet, and Digital TV. Please provide me with the complete address where you would like to connect service.

Macy G.: Hello! How may I assist you today?

Macy G.: I am pleased to meet you today online, Justin!

Macy G.: I see in your survey that you do not currently subscribe to AT&T services. Thank you for considering AT&T! Which service are you planning to order today?

Justin Venezio: Hi, I have recently moved to ***** S. Highway ****, The Colony, TX

Macy G.: I'd be happy to check the availability of AT&T services at your address.

Macy G.: Which service are you planning to order today, Justin?

Justin Venezio: I can't get anything installed where I am located. But I noticed you may have other options like "CLEAR" on the go internet. Is this true? I do not want clear at all. All I am looking for is the highest internet speed possible.

Macy G.: I understand, Justin .

Macy G.: I'd be happy to check the availability of AT&T Internet service at your address.

Justin Venezio: Ok

Macy G.: We couldn't find the exact address you provided.

Macy G.: Occasionally, our database is not able to match an address. This situation can occur if there is a slight variation between what we have in our database and what you enter. Let's try a couple of things and see if we can get a match.

Macy G.: Is there another name for your street/city?

Justin Venezio: I do not believe so. I'm am located at ***************************** in The Colony, TX. 75056

Macy G.: Alright. Thank you for the information.

Macy G.: I do apologize, I am showing that AT&T DSL High Speed Internet is currently not available at your address.

Macy G.: Currently, we do not have any estimated timeframe to provide High Speed DSL in your area. Please come back online periodically to check for availability.

Macy G.: LaptopConnect Cards and Dial-Up Internet Service are great alternatives. Would you be interested in either of those services?

Justin Venezio: **** State Highway ****, The Colony, TX, 75056. My main interest is wireless internet for XBOX, and two Laptops. I do not wish to have anything installed, because the location I am at does not allow.

Macy G.: I completely understand, Justin.

Macy G.: AT&T offers LaptopConnect cards for wireless internet connection on your laptop/PC. With LaptopConnect, you can send and receive email, browse the Internet, and access your corporate intranet while on the go by connecting to the AT&T wireless network, via the wireless laptop cards.

Macy G.: I'd be happy to send you the link to learn more about Laptop Connect cards. Please click http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/data-connect-plans.jsp

Macy G.: You can check the link I provided above to view more details regarding our Laptop Connect cards.

Macy G.: Also, here is what I can do for you, I can provide you with a number to call for them to check manually if there will be an open port in your area for you to secure the slot and also they can provide you with alternative ways to get the service. Would you consider this option?

Macy G.: Would you consider this option, Justin?

Macy G.: I haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you still with me?

Justin Venezio: Sorry, I was reading everything provided.. I would have to get two laptop cards? how does this option work for xbox?

Justin Venezio: Also, I do not like how it is limited to 5GB. Is there an unlimited hot spot plan?

Macy G.: I completely understand what you are asking, Justin. LaptopConnect cards is outside of area of my expertise, please access the link I provided above to view more details regarding LaptopConnect cards.

Macy G.: I appreciate your time with me. Thank you.

Macy G.: Were you able to access the link?

Macy G.: Before you go, is there anything else I can help you with?

Justin Venezio: Yes I was. Do you have any other options? Would I have to purchase two cards for multiple laptops? How does this plan allow my xbox to connect? and Is there an unlimited option?

Justin Venezio: I never said I was leaving....

Macy G.: I completely understand what you are asking, Justin. LaptopConnect cards is outside of area of my expertise, please access the link I provided above to view more details and information regarding LaptopConnect cards.

Justin Venezio: I already have, if its outside your expertise don't offer it. Is there a supervisor I can talk to?

Macy G.: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Justin Venezio: Ok

Macy G.: I am sorry if you feel that way, Justin. I am more than happy to assist you with your concern today Justine.

Justin Venezio: Ok

Macy G.: Please allow me to provide you the best number to call to further assist you with regards to LaptopConnect cards who has the best access with this type of request.

Macy G.: Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-288-2020 to better assist you with regards to LaptopConnect cards. They are open M-F, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST. On Saturday this office will be closed.

Macy G.: I also recommend visiting att.com/contactus for alternative ways to reach our offices.

Macy G.: Were you able to take note of the number I provided above?

Justin Venezio: I don't want to wait an hour on a call again, I logged on to chat with you directly, this is what I prefer. I will not be calling your customer service. Is there not someone who can help me on here?

Macy G.: I perfectly understand what you are asking, Justin. Our chat group is equipped to assist customers ordering new service(s) - AT&T High Speed Internet, home phone and/or DirecTV.

Justin Venezio: Is that not what I am trying to do? If you can't actually answer questions that I have about your services that you are pointing me to, then please find someone in your office that can.

Macy G.: I perfectly understand that you want to know more about the Laptop Connect cards, you can access the link I provided above to know more about the service.

Macy G.: Unfortunately, our chat department our chat group is equipped to assist customers ordering new service(s) - AT&T High Speed Internet, home phone and/or DirecTV.

Macy G.: I hope you understand, Justin. You may also contact the number for your AT&T specialist is 1-866-805-3921.

Macy G.: You may try to call the second number I provided above for more details.

Justin Venezio: Ok, I read the whole page you provided and then came back with questions that you obviously are not equipped to answer. Quit repeating yourself. I will not contact via phone. I have multiple questions about the Laptop cards that you seem to just overlook. If I have to contact your customer service; you have lost me as a customer.

Macy G.: I perfectly understand, how I wish there is a way for me to provide information regarding your questions, however Laptop Connect cards is outside of my area of expertise.

Macy G.: I hope you understand, Justin.

Justin Venezio: Quit saying that. I understand, get me someone who can help.

Macy G.: Please call the number I provided above to better assist you.

Justin Venezio: No

Justin Venezio: Look, I am not trying to be difficult. I just need the answers to my questions. Are you not able to get me a manager/supervisor or anyone?

Macy G.: Let me transfer you to my Supervisor, Justin.

Justin Venezio: THANK YOU

Andrea C.: Hi Justin. This is Andrea, Macy's Supervisor.

Andrea C.: How can I help you today?

Justin Venezio: Hi Andrea. I'm sorry for the trouble, but I am looking for a wireless hotspot of some sort with unlimited data. I do not want a 5GB limited network. I have two laptops and an XBOX. The current location I am in does not allow me to set up so I need some sort of on-the-go internet like "Clear.com" but I do not want clear because of the poor service.

Andrea C.: I see. Thank you for all the information you've provided Justin.

Andrea C.: Unfortunately, we no longer offer Internet service with unlimited data.

Justin Venezio: Ok, Thanks for your time. That is very unfortunate. I will be saving this conversation for later use.

Review about: Att Phone Plan.

Had an Experience with ATT?

Comments

Birmingham, Alabama, United States #699475

Seems more like an automated chatbot spitting out pre-set responses to certain keywords in your comments.

Zion, Illinois, United States #695651

one person handles manty chats at once and eand half of there conversations are canned messages.One thing people forget about ATT is that they are many companies.

Uverse is completely seperate from DSL and Telephony, Cell is also seperate. This means different offices buildings and states. Macy G.

was going beyond her perview to even offer the cell service.she should have just referred you to them as an option because she could not make the order for those services if she tried.